Hello all. Long time lurker, sorry to be posting for the first time under these conditions.

Just two hours ago, my Blackberry KEYone turned itself off. It was not a battery issue, as the phone had nearly 80% left. I was driving, and since it was a very hot day, I had the air conditioner on full blast. I had the phone sitting in a cupholder in front of an air vent. When it switched off and would not turn back on (I noticed because I had been streaming music to my car, and suddenly my car reported "Device Not Found") I pulled over and tried repeatedly to turn it back on by holding down the power button. No response. The device was chilled, so my next thought was that I had allowed the device to get too cold. However, I found this unlikely, as the device warmed back up to room temperature within minutes and was not "icy" or freezing to the touch. I took it home and plugged it in, suspecting a strange battery malfunction perhaps, but not all it does is blink the Green LED. When I attempt to start the device, it vibrates briefly and the Blackberry logo appears for about 5 seconds and then the device turns off again, save for the blinking LED. What the hell is going on? There did not seem to be anything in the support literature or website about this. It appears my phone is trying to tell me something, but I have no idea what. I cannot even attempt a hard reset. Did my phone spontaneously brick itself? Please respond soon, I have guests over and work tomorrow and do not know how to deal with this random problem.

Thank you all for your time.
    07-25-17 08:29 PM
    Where was your KEYone purchased and if possible, do you know what firmware it was on before this happened?
    07-25-17 09:04 PM
    My keyone was at 87% the other day and would not discharge. I thought that was strange so I powered the phone down to do a reset and it will not come on with a blinking LED. Sprint said they will take the phone back for a full refund. Hope this isn't a widespread issue. I really liked this phone. I'm back on my Q10 now. I'm guessing it's a software interacting with hardware issue. If anyone has a fix or know something please let us know!! Seems this issue is just coming to light as more people are getting the keyone.
    07-31-17 08:55 AM
    Maybe it's just the system cache files that need cleaning unfortunately I've only just got my phone and I don't know the procedure for getting into the engineers loading screen
    08-06-17 02:57 AM
    Did you try hold down the power button for 32 seconds?
    08-06-17 03:07 AM
    My Keyone won't boot up and sticks in the triangle, circle and square animation , doesn't get as far as the android and shield, work great for 33 days.
    08-06-17 11:35 AM
    same problem with my Key One. I went and got a Note 10.... Did you ever end up fixing it or find out the cause of the problem?

-Joe

Hello all. Long time lurker, sorry to be posting for the first time under these conditions.

Just two hours ago, my Blackberry KEYone turned itself off. It was not a battery issue, as the phone had nearly 80% left. I was driving, and since it was a very hot day, I had the air conditioner on full blast. I had the phone sitting in a cupholder in front of an air vent. When it switched off and would not turn back on (I noticed because I had been streaming music to my car, and suddenly my car reported "Device Not Found") I pulled over and tried repeatedly to turn it back on by holding down the power button. No response. The device was chilled, so my next thought was that I had allowed the device to get too cold. However, I found this unlikely, as the device warmed back up to room temperature within minutes and was not "icy" or freezing to the touch. I took it home and plugged it in, suspecting a strange battery malfunction perhaps, but not all it does is blink the Green LED. When I attempt to start the device, it vibrates briefly and the Blackberry logo appears for about 5 seconds and then the device turns off again, save for the blinking LED. What the hell is going on? There did not seem to be anything in the support literature or website about this. It appears my phone is trying to tell me something, but I have no idea what. I cannot even attempt a hard reset. Did my phone spontaneously brick itself? Please respond soon, I have guests over and work tomorrow and do not know how to deal with this random problem.

Thank you all for your time.
    09-10-19 10:35 AM
    Try to flash it with PC. I think it should work.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-19 02:06 AM