I was wondering, when charging ur battery, does it stop automatically when its full or does it keep charging when its full and messes up the battery in the long run ? Cuz it seems like my blackberry keyone runs out of battery faster than before. Before it would last 2 days of constant use but now it goes almost empty from 8am to 3pm of constant use. It only takes like 2 hours to get the battery from 10 percent to 100 percent, and I was wondering after I charge it when im sleeping for 8 hours would it stop it charging automatically when it hits 100 or does it keep going and heats up the battery even more ?
    12-17-18 02:48 AM
    It'll stop fully charging to avoid overcharging but it will convert to a trickle charge to keep it full. If it stopped entirely, you'd never wake up with a full battery.
    12-17-18 06:08 AM
    I was wondering, when charging ur battery, does it stop automatically when its full or does it keep charging when its full and messes up the battery in the long run ? Cuz it seems like my blackberry keyone runs out of battery faster than before. Before it would last 2 days of constant use but now it goes almost empty from 8am to 3pm of constant use. It only takes like 2 hours to get the battery from 10 percent to 100 percent, and I was wondering after I charge it when im sleeping for 8 hours would it stop it charging automatically when it hits 100 or does it keep going and heats up the battery even more ?
    Well battery have a life cycle and are typically good for about 500 charges.
    12-17-18 07:05 AM
    I just charge my phone a bit before going to sleep so that when it reaches and stays at 100% for about 5 mins, I unplug it and put it on airplane + battery saving mode and I wake up to it at 98%.

Why have it plugged all night ?
    12-17-18 05:43 PM
    I just charge my phone a bit before going to sleep so that when it reaches and stays at 100% for about 5 mins, I unplug it and put it on airplane + battery saving mode and I wake up to it at 98%.

Why have it plugged all night ?
    More like, why not leave it plugged all night?
    12-17-18 05:48 PM
    More like, why not leave it plugged all night?
    Because, battery degradation ? More wear on the charging port ?

These may all be myths, but hey..
    12-17-18 05:53 PM
    Well battery have a life cycle and are typically good for about 500 charges.
    For Lithium Ion, it's more about keeping the ions active rather than cycles.

Keeping the battery between 50% and 80%, regardless of the number of times it gets plugged in, is optimal.
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    12-17-18 05:54 PM
    Because, battery degradation ? More wear on the charging port ?

These may all be myths, but hey..
    More wear on the charging port? How? It gets plugged and unplugged the same number of times or am I wrong? Battery degradation? The phone will interrupt the charging process at 100%, so is keeping it there hurting the battery?
    12-17-18 05:59 PM
    For Lithium Ion, it's more about keeping the ions active rather than cycles.

Keeping the battery between 50% and 80%, regardless of the number of times it gets plugged in, is optimal.
    Yeah but that’s not an option for most people!
    12-17-18 06:41 PM
    More wear on the charging port? How? It gets plugged and unplugged the same number of times or am I wrong? Battery degradation? The phone will interrupt the charging process at 100%, so is keeping it there hurting the battery?
    Can anyone confirm this ? Am I paranoid lol ?
    12-17-18 07:48 PM
    It's not a problem. It can't overcharge.
    12-17-18 07:50 PM
    I don't wish to trespass upon anyone's personal habits, I was just questioning your question, Lol
    12-17-18 08:02 PM
    You are! lol
    12-18-18 11:39 PM