My Key2 stopped working although the notification light for a new email was flashing, I was unable to activate the phone to retrieve the message. It had been working fine 15 min before... I powered it down and tried to reboot it - it is now stuck on the "Blackberry Powered by Android" screen and has been for hours. Any suggestions?
    05-27-20 09:10 PM
    My Key2 stopped working although the notification light for a new email was flashing, I was unable to activate the phone to retrieve the message. It had been working fine 15 min before... I powered it down and tried to reboot it - it is now stuck on the "Blackberry Powered by Android" screen and has been for hours. Any suggestions?
    Hold down the power button for 30 seconds or so. If that bears no fruit, you'll be looking at flashing an autoloader.
    05-27-20 09:20 PM
    Thanks Ben - I've tried that with no success. How does one 'flash an autoloader'?
    05-27-20 09:31 PM
    Thanks Ben - I've tried that with no success. How does one 'flash an autoloader'?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...tch-n-1183856/
    Last edited by conite; 05-30-20 at 07:35 PM.
    05-27-20 11:30 PM
    Thanks conite - not quite sure how to apply this when the phone will not boot to where I can do anything with it... ie no buttons work, no access to the o/s or any other part of the phone that I can figure out. Open to suggestions!
    05-27-20 11:38 PM
    Thanks conite - not quite sure how to apply this when the phone will not boot to where I can do anything with it... ie no buttons work, no access to the o/s or any other part of the phone that I can figure out. Open to suggestions!
    Just reboot to the boatloader menu.

Hold power button until it turns back on, and then hit the down volume at the vibration.
    05-27-20 11:51 PM
    Hmmm Thanks conite - I tried the 'hold the power button for 32 seconds and it will vibrate 4 times' process - it turned off and now will not turn back on at all... so is there a way to do this when the phone is essentially unable to power up at all? And what is the boot loader menu? (non-techie here...)
    05-27-20 11:55 PM
    Hmmm Thanks conite - I tried the 'hold the power button for 32 seconds and it will vibrate 4 times' process - it turned off and now will not turn back on at all... so is there a way to do this when the phone is essentially unable to power up at all? And what is the boot loader menu? (non-techie here...)
    You sure you're not out of battery?

Plug it in overnight with another charger and cable.

It must be able to power up to do anything.
    05-28-20 12:10 AM
    The battery was still ok the last time I could see it - and it's currently plugged in but still no response. Could the power button be the problem maybe?
    05-28-20 12:14 AM
    I believe you were right - I plugged it back in overnight and now it's at the Bootloader Screen - Which option do I choose - display barcodes? bootup device? Reboot into Fastboot? Turn off device? Thanks so much for your help!
    05-28-20 08:56 AM
    I believe you were right - I plugged it back in overnight and now it's at the Bootloader Screen - Which option do I choose - display barcodes? bootup device? Reboot into Fastboot? Turn off device? Thanks so much for your help!
    If it's not power cycling, at least try a normal boot by holding down the power button until it begins to restart.
    05-28-20 09:23 AM
    So choose #2 on the Bootloader Menu - Bootup device?
    05-28-20 09:40 AM
    It's also flashing white, blue, red, green notification light pattern.
    05-28-20 09:41 AM
    So choose #2 on the Bootloader Menu - Bootup device?
    I'm not sure how you get that from my post.
    05-28-20 10:49 AM
    It's also flashing white, blue, red, green notification light pattern.
    When? Where? While sitting at the bootloader menu? It's hard to help if you're not specific.
    05-28-20 10:49 AM
    Hi conite - not trying to make things difficult but I'm no techie and now I'm a bit confused. When I said above "I believe you were right - I plugged it back in overnight and now it's at the Bootloader Screen - Which option do I choose - display barcodes? bootup device? Reboot into Fastboot? Turn off device?" these are the 4 options that are in the Bootloader Menu. Your response said nothing about the options - it was "If it's not power cycling, at least try a normal boot by holding down the power button until it begins to restart". So are you telling me to skip the Bootloader Menu entirely and just turn it off to try a normal restart by holding the power button? Or should I choose Option 2 on the Bootloader Menu which is to "Bootup the device"? And yes the light pattern is happening while it's sitting at the bootloader menu. I'm happy to provide specifics - thought I had but clearly I wasn't specific enough - my apologies. I do appreciate your help.
    05-28-20 11:07 AM
    Hi conite - not trying to make things difficult but I'm no techie and now I'm a bit confused. When I said above "I believe you were right - I plugged it back in overnight and now it's at the Bootloader Screen - Which option do I choose - display barcodes? bootup device? Reboot into Fastboot? Turn off device?" these are the 4 options that are in the Bootloader Menu. Your response said nothing about the options - it was "If it's not power cycling, at least try a normal boot by holding down the power button until it begins to restart". So are you telling me to skip the Bootloader Menu entirely and just turn it off to try a normal restart by holding the power button? Or should I choose Option 2 on the Bootloader Menu which is to "Bootup the device"? And yes the light pattern is happening while it's sitting at the bootloader menu. I'm happy to provide specifics - thought I had but clearly I wasn't specific enough - my apologies. I do appreciate your help.
    Just reboot by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds.
    05-28-20 11:25 AM
    pushed the power button for 10 seconds, the phone turned off but did not reboot or start up again - black screen now / unresponsive so I'm not sure what that means unfortunately.
    05-28-20 11:47 AM
    pushed the power button for 10 seconds, the phone turned off but did not reboot or start up again - black screen now / unresponsive so I'm not sure what that means unfortunately.
    This time, hold the power button down, but the moment you feel a vibration, release and hit the down volume button. That should bring you back to the bootloader menu.
    05-28-20 11:51 AM
    No response when I hold the power button down - no vibration, no notification lights - seem to have lost what I had...
    05-28-20 11:55 AM
    No response when I hold the power button down - no vibration, no notification lights - seem to have lost what I had...
    Whatever is going on seems to be beyond a software fix.
    05-28-20 12:50 PM
    Is it still plugged in?
    Keep it plugged in for another while and keep trying to get it back to the bootloader screen, then you can attempt an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-20 01:05 PM
    It's back to the bootloader screen. How do I get an autoloader to work on the phone when it's in the Bootloader menu?
    05-28-20 01:48 PM
    It's back to the bootloader screen. How do I get an autoloader to work on the phone when it's in the Bootloader menu?
    Do you have the box it came in? I need the PRD number of your particular variant.
    05-28-20 01:49 PM
    No - I bought it new from someone else but it did not come with the box. Is there another way to get the PRD number?
    05-28-20 01:50 PM
50 12