09-16-19 02:26 PM
27 12
tools
    Hi there,

just got a Key2 last week and I have to say, it's absolutely amazing. However, I do experience rather serious WiFi problems.

I am only able to connect to a WiFi network after restarting my phone. If I get home, and try to connect to my WiFi, it just says "Saved" or "Connecting", however, it never connects, but rather jumps back to "Saved". As suggested in a Key1 post, i already tried the following:

. Turning the device off and back on again (it works but... Paying 600EUR for a device I have to restart multiple times a day? Nah)
    . Activating flight mode, wait a minute, activate WiFi (this does not work at all)
    . Deactivating Bluetooth when connecting to WiFi (again, no effect)
    . Disabling Wifi to Mobile Network Handover (I do not use this, so no problem, but it also does not fix the issue)
    . Resetting the network settings in the Reset section of Android - it works for a maximum of three hours. After that, I will have to restart the phone again. (Plus, it really sucks losing all of your Bluetooth-pairings with it.)

Obviously, I did try reestting the router, and disabled any MAC-Filtering. The router does not seem to be the issue as my trusty Mate 9 and my Key1 BE connect without any issues. The problem does seem to lie with the Key2.

Are there any other members of this forum that do experience defects of a similar kind? Did you find a solution, or at least a temporary fix? I really do like the Key2, but having to restart it every day, multiple times is not something I am able to overlook. Any comments on this are very much appreciated.

Model: BBF100-1
    Android Version: 8.1.0
    Android Seurity patch status: 5. October 2018
    Baseband version: 660_GEN-PACK
    Hardwareversion: 09
    Kernel: 4.4.78perf+ from Tuesday, September 25, 2018
    Build Number: ABI067

Currently, there are no software updates available.
    11-28-18 06:26 AM
    Have never had any issues with the KEY2 WiFi. Interesting that the device most people have issues with, the KEYone works fine for you but the KEY2 does not.
    11-28-18 02:59 PM
    Thank you for your reply. I did search the forums and found some other users experiencing the same problems, in exactly the same manner, all after the recent security patch. Is there any word on when the November / December security patch will be released?

Also, I would be very thankful if you could describe a way on how to raise awareness of the issue at BB/TCL. I did try to call the BBmobile service center here in the Federal Republic of Germany, however, they did not turn out to be very helpful, if I may say so.

Edit: I did find a passage that promised "timely" security updates in a timespan of 90 days after the release of said update. Feel free to correct me if I got it wrong.
    11-28-18 08:04 PM
    I have the same problem with my KEY2. After purchase I immediately updated to ABI067, so didn't notice whether Wi-Fi works fine on stock OS or not. There was update to ABK892 two days ago which didn't fix this. This issue with Wi-Fi is a disaster...

Were you able to find any solution? Is it worth to do full reset to stock OS version?
    12-09-18 02:30 PM
    I have the same issue. I use a key2 le. When I bought it it September everything was fine. I think the problem came with the last os update.
    vchrung likes this.
    12-09-18 10:31 PM
    Hi,

Waiting for December update, 1.12, ABL911 running on KEY2 BBF100-1, unfortunately the WIFI issue persists.

What's a petty, such a device to have a basic but very annoying issue. Moreover, this is not something new to TCL/Blackberry (e.g. KeyOne, Passport having similar issue in the past)... something they should be fixed for ever many years ago.

TCL/Blackberry - THIS IS BASIC STUFF in 2019 to HAVE the WIFI WORKING. Guys, be serious and spend time on testing properly your WIFI stack - this is crazy to believe you can survive a market with WIFI issues these days.

Best,
    Ovidiu
    vchrung likes this.
    12-25-18 03:43 AM
    I have a Key2 LE, and I'm having the exact same issue. It's very frustrating; love the phone, but I don't feel like I should need to restart it just to get wifi back. I'm finding I have issues mostly when I disable and then re-enable the wifi, though it sometimes just stops working, too. Anyone else have any thoughts?
    01-09-19 08:01 PM
    Hi,

Waiting for December update, 1.12, ABL911 running on KEY2 BBF100-1, unfortunately the WIFI issue persists.

What's a petty, such a device to have a basic but very annoying issue. Moreover, this is not something new to TCL/Blackberry (e.g. KeyOne, Passport having similar issue in the past)... something they should be fixed for ever many years ago.

TCL/Blackberry - THIS IS BASIC STUFF in 2019 to HAVE the WIFI WORKING. Guys, be serious and spend time on testing properly your WIFI stack - this is crazy to believe you can survive a market with WIFI issues these days.

Best,
    Ovidiu
    Having the exact same issues with my brandnew Key2 - since I updated to December ABL911 on the day I got it, can't say if it has something to do with the current build.

Annoying as hell - keeps throwing me out of various wifis I connected to or has the worst transfer rate imaginable with pings over 300 ms. Horrible.

Best Regards
    vchrung likes this.
    01-10-19 08:24 AM
    I am experiecing the same with my 1 week old key 2.
    The signal does not seems to show and if it shows it shows as an error.
    Also at a distance WIFI strength is considerably slow compare to other phones
    01-17-19 09:22 AM
    Hi everybody,
    I'm from italy and I have the same problem, obviously after the update...
    It seems that nobody knows how to fix it...
    01-18-19 10:51 AM
    Same problem.. I have always been on Blackberry phones side the smart phones were introduced. Got my blackberry Key2 in January 19 awesome phone except for WiFi connection, is awful drives me mad , I did everything possible to try to fix the problem, nothing changed, have to turn my Data on to get connected.Guys are u going to fix the problem, this is embarrassing to have such an issue like this.
    01-19-19 04:20 AM
    Software issue, wait for updates. It should be fixed
    01-19-19 06:11 AM
    i just got my key 2, and what a disappointment. it cannot hang onto my saved WiFi and i don't know why
    01-22-19 10:01 AM
    I have a BB Key2 as well (US model) and I can confirm that this started happening to me in December 2018 only. Prior to that update WiFi switching worked just fine. Now I have to restart my phone to get WiFi to work again. I also noticed that it might have something to do with 5GHz networks only. It's very frustrating! I doubted all my network gear before I doubted the Key2 until I tried the same WiFi on a Samsung with ZERO issues. This should be fixed ASAP - any official with an update should report here. Even my $35 Raspberry Pi re-connects to WiFi without issues, come on guys, this isn't a CHEAP phone!
    01-24-19 01:20 AM
    Hello everyone,

I am happy to report that System Update Build: ABP242 for the BBK2 fixed this issue (so far and fingers crossed), if the issue re-surfaces, I will report back.
    01-31-19 07:36 PM
    Hello,
    i am from Germany and i have the same problem with my BB Key 2 LE since December.
    When does the fix come to fix the problem?
    02-10-19 11:52 AM
    Hi
    I got my phone last summer and all was great until December. I could not connect to wifi at my cousins despite my other BB and iPad connecting fine, the Key2 would not connect.
    Then we got home and it was fine but now it is not even connecting at home.
    This is useless - how can corporations be allowed to expect people to pay a premium price for something that doesn't have basic functionality? I love BB and have been loyal but a fix for this problem is needed urgently.
    I travel a lot and need the wifi urgently......PLEASE
    02-15-19 04:55 AM
    Same problem here: blackberry key 2 LE with ABL911: connected with wifi but cannot navigate at all. only reboots allows me to use the wifi connection. Please blackberry work in this issue.
    02-19-19 09:20 AM
    ABP924 from February 5th fixed the wireless problems on my Key2 for good - connects superfast, with good bandwidth. Not an issue anymore!

Best Regards
    02-20-19 10:18 AM
    @dakusama:

I just bought BB Key2 (100-6, India). I have same exact problem with wifi as described by Dakusama. Wifi "saved" but never connected. I updated firmware and now it is ABN088 as of December 2018. Called C/s. Right off they advised to see service center. went to service center. I use D-link La Petit 4G router (DWR-910). At service center it started to work with their wifi. I tried in my router. same problem. I placed wifi mac address in d-link router account page as allowed devices and now no problem.
    03-14-19 03:57 AM
    I received new Key2 yesterday and noticed almost identical issue. WiFi password wasn’t remembered so after restarting device I was asked to re-enter Password again? Since phone is new, I did wipe as well as followed advises of other people including manufacturer’s suggestions but nothing worked so I decided to dig into it before sending device back to the vendor.

So, I found that issue was related with wireless service provider (Rogers in my case) and WiFi pre-set was carried on SIM card.
    After looking into it I noticed I noticed that Rogers-Virgin on the list? I never add this network and I it seems that comes from my wireless provider. “Forget” function didn’t help and keeps coming back after phone restart, preventing my “Preferred” (in my case Home WiFi) to start? Strange ...
    Aattempts to connect to Home WiFi was ending up with password re-entry and basically walking me in the circle all the time.
    To get write off this undesirable issue setup by the either Phone or Wirelles provider, I turned OFF “Passpoint On” function, and then removed “Rogers-Virgin WiFi" from the Saved List using “Forgot” function.
    After restarting phone, my Home WiFi was the only listed one my phone and was instantly connecting to Home WiFi network.
    I did numerous restarts but everything seems fine and stable. Home WiFi connects immediately after phone starts but I will keep testing by adding more WiFi’s and hope that Key2 will keep Saved WiFi list as supposed to.
    Hope this helps
    05-20-19 12:13 PM
    Hi there,

just got a Key2 last week and I have to say, it's absolutely amazing. However, I do experience rather serious WiFi problems.
    Same here on a Key2 LE, as well as problems with the hotspot (lag, problems connecting other devices to the Key2 LE).
    05-24-19 02:34 PM
    A factory reset usually resolves those same Wifi problems. I had a few devices NOT connecting due to a "mismatched certificate" problem (on an open network!). They all connect normally since resetting all three to factory defaults.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    05-24-19 07:24 PM
    I bought my Key 2 back in May June last year. It starded having trouble with WiFi (loose the connection) in November and only through a reset I could get back to the connnection. Usually I had to do it every week. Time after time tthe timeframe for the resed has reduced drammatically...now I have to do a reset every 4 hours. How could it be possible ? Is there anyone who can help me ? It's a complete disaster ! Thank you, Tomaso
    dannz89 likes this.
    06-17-19 09:18 AM
    Just bought my key2. It says it's at security patch level Dec 2018. It is build ABN088.

Model BBF100-6 and base band version 660_GEN_PACK-1.169875.2.176074.1.

Wi-Fi autoconnects to my saved home network but says no internet (all other devices are fine).

Turning Wi-Fi on / off has variable results. It worked fine for a day or so then did a system update and that's when it stopped working properly. Presumably this is the same issue as everyone else.

I'm using the BlackBerry in the UK.

I tried doing 'check for updates' because someone else here said he had build ABP924 (or something) fixes it but my system update tool says it's up to date.

How would I force it to get the latest?
    06-28-19 01:28 AM
27 12