I just bought a used key2 to replace my keyone. The virtual keyboard has a qwerty layout while the physical is qwertz. Physical keys work when I need a z or y if I remember to hit the correct key. But the corresponding ALT keys do not match what is printed on the keys. So hitting ALT z gives me a 7 and hitting ALT y gives me a )...as a qwerty keyboard would. As y is now in bottom left hand corner, it is part of the number pad and should give me a 7.

Tried factory reset, even setting language to German but it is only half qwertz. ALT characters are qwerty.

This can't be normal can it?

It also has issues with sounds being waaay too loud and disappearing SIM card.

I have never had such a bad experience with a BlackBerry and I have owned many. Is this just a duff device?

Thanks

P.
    12-03-20 05:10 PM
    I just bought a used key2 to replace my keyone. The virtual keyboard has a qwerty layout while the physical is qwertz. Physical keys work when I need a z or y if I remember to hit the correct key. But the corresponding ALT keys do not match what is printed on the keys. So hitting ALT z gives me a 7 and hitting ALT y gives me a )...as a qwerty keyboard would. As y is now in bottom left hand corner, it is part of the number pad and should give me a 7.

Tried factory reset, even setting language to German but it is only half qwertz. ALT characters are qwerty.

This can't be normal can it?

It also has issues with sounds being waaay too loud and disappearing SIM card.

I have never had such a bad experience with a BlackBerry and I have owned many. Is this just a duff device?

Thanks

P.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!!! Post early and post often........

Can you return the device?
    12-03-20 08:01 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!!! Post early and post often........

Can you return the device?
    I am not sure. If I am able I will be £40 out of pocket in shipping charges so it's not my first choice.

After spending the whole night searching the internet I may have solved the disappearing SIM card by disabling 2G. But this morning all my email accounts have disappeared from hub. Unbelievable!

How glitchy is this phone? I loved my keyone, no issues at all until I broke it.
    12-04-20 01:41 AM
    If the device wasn’t accurately represented, I’d suggest it be returned as defective. I don’t think you should be charged for defective or misrepresentation.
    12-04-20 09:07 AM
    I am not sure. If I am able I will be £40 out of pocket in shipping charges so it's not my first choice.

After spending the whole night searching the internet I may have solved the disappearing SIM card by disabling 2G. But this morning all my email accounts have disappeared from hub. Unbelievable!

How glitchy is this phone? I loved my keyone, no issues at all until I broke it.
    Factory reset? Also, I would return it thereafter. Transfering old settings from your previous device would obviously result in such problems (hence why I don't bother with doing such a thing).

Also, you cannot change a qwertz with qwerty, because it's a hardware thing. You got a device which had it's keyboard swapped with a different layout (hence why the original is revealing itself).

Seller was dishonest.
    From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    12-05-20 12:57 PM
    Bit of an update. Have updated the notification sounds to make them a bit more tolerable and can cope with the qwertz layout as long as it's consistent (ie characters match what is on the keys). Is there a way to confirm if the keyboard has been swopped? It's a bbf-100-6 according to "about phone". Is that a qwerty device or a qwertz device? Found listings for both online.. Which seems odd. I would have expected different model numbers.

Thanks all.

P.
    12-05-20 01:17 PM