Home CrackBerry Q&A > Ask a Question

Key2 PKB question

Asked: Apr 19 2021 | 1:03 pm EDT 1027 Views 13 Answers

Does anyone know where to get a replacement keyboard that actually has it spacebar working. Since I'm going to be stuck with the miserable device for the foreseeable future, I might as well get it working while I wait of my fxi order or the Onward solution, which is increasingly falling into the "NGH" (not gonna happen) cohort.

More Answers

Apr 19 2021 | 1:32 pm EDT Dunt Dunt Dunt

Is sad to put another $50 into a device like that....

If you pick a seller with a good return policy.... that might be your best bet.

Apr 19 2021 | 1:49 pm EDT anon(5597702)

Is sad to put another $50 into a device like that.....
Eye of the beholder.

Apr 19 2021 | 1:59 pm EDT the_boon

Does anyone know where to get a replacement keyboard that actually has it spacebar working. Since I'm going to be stuck with the miserable device for the foreseeable future, I might as well get it working while I wait of my fxi order or the Onward solution, which is increasingly falling into the "NGH" (not gonna happen) cohort.
There are many different sellers on AliExpress and eBay who have KEY2 keyboards in stock.
Try to buy from one where you can see the build date stamped on the metal part on the back of the spacebar, ideally should be a 2019 date.

Alternatively, I have two spare keyboards myself. I don't think I'll actually need both of them when there are upcoming PKB devices, so maybe I can sell you one of mine. It would be a black one, with a build date of November 2019 which usually means a better spacebar than some of the 2018 models.

Apr 19 2021 | 2:01 pm EDT Dunt Dunt Dunt

Eye of the beholder.
True, but he's the one calling it a "miserable device"....

If someone here has bought and installed one and it was good... they'll have to let him know. But I think it's pot luck...

Apr 19 2021 | 4:07 pm EDT victorHTexas

the_boon: some questions: how do we execute the transaction? is it refurbished/reconditioned/or as is? Are you on states side or north of the border?

Apr 19 2021 | 5:42 pm EDT the_boon

the_boon: some questions: how do we execute the transaction? is it refurbished/reconditioned/or as is? Are you on states side or north of the border?
All these keyboards on eBay and AliExpress should be brand new.

PM'ed

Apr 19 2021 | 6:09 pm EDT victorHTexas

Do you have yours listed on ebay? I'm not buying from a merchant I haven't been in contact with as in this exchange with you. I have neither the inclination/disposition to be chasing all over the globe some elusive merchant. if you sell on ebay send me the link

Apr 19 2021 | 7:42 pm EDT Ben xfg

Do you have yours listed on ebay? I'm not buying from a merchant I haven't been in contact with as in this exchange with you. I have neither the inclination/disposition to be chasing all over the globe some elusive merchant. if you sell on ebay send me the link
Boon is an active member here and even has positive feedback from CB sales - I'd say you can trust him.

https://forums.crackberry.com/buy-se.../#post13497030

Apr 19 2021 | 7:48 pm EDT the_boon

No, it's not listed on eBay. I sent you a PM here.

Apr 19 2021 | 9:26 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

I’ll vouch for boon as well......

Apr 19 2021 | 9:56 pm EDT victorHTexas

I trust him absolutely. That's why i wrote that i would only engage with a credible person such as the_boon