Well some water got in head phone hole and now the screen is black. It worked a little afterwards but now it hasn't in several days. All other functions are operating though, keys light up, vibrate, alarm even still goes off. Anything I can do to fix it? I can send it back to blackberry because I have no proof of purchase from back in Feb, and best buy would need the car number that I know longer have because I lost that card so had to get a new one. Its sad because I loved that phone, but I didn't think it would be so fragile. Cant afford to go out and buy a new one, so I will have to get a generic Verizon phone now.
    07-08-19 03:51 PM
    Anything I can do to fix it?
    Without knowing what's going on internally, probably not much. When a device gets wet you don't have a whole lot of time to get it into a drying process.
    07-08-19 03:55 PM
    Well some water got in head phone hole and now the screen is black. It worked a little afterwards but now it hasn't in several days. All other functions are operating though, keys light up, vibrate, alarm even still goes off. Anything I can do to fix it? I can send it back to blackberry because I have no proof of purchase from back in Feb, and best buy would need the car number that I know longer have because I lost that card so had to get a new one. Its sad because I loved that phone, but I didn't think it would be so fragile. Cant afford to go out and buy a new one, so I will have to get a generic Verizon phone now.
    Ah man, sorry to hear that.

Must have been more than a few drops... and I wonder how could water in the headphone jack disable the entire display.

It may even be something else that's damaged and not the LCD itself.

I would still try something with Best Buy, maybe you have an electronic copy of the receipt ?

As for the phone you'll be using in the meantime, maybe for the price of a cheap generic VZW slab you could instead opt for a cheap VZW KEYone (BBB100-3) on eBay
    07-08-19 05:49 PM