So the other day I reset my phone and upon starting up the fingerprint sensor wasnt working. I went to the settings and there is no longer an option for fingerprint sensor?? It is so bizarre. There is a new setting for facial recognition but no fingerprint sensor.
    06-28-19 09:39 AM
    So the other day I reset my phone and upon starting up the fingerprint sensor wasnt working. I went to the settings and there is no longer an option for fingerprint sensor?? It is so bizarre. There is a new setting for facial recognition but no fingerprint sensor.
    When you restart the phone you have to put the PIN manually, but the fingerprint option should be there in "security & location" right under "picture password"
    06-28-19 06:07 PM
    When you restart the phone you have to put the PIN manually, but the fingerprint option should be there in "security & location" right under "picture password"
    that is the weird thing though. Underneath picture password it says "smart lock" and nothing in that category has an option for a fingerprint sensor.
    06-28-19 10:52 PM
    that is the weird thing though. Underneath picture password it says "smart lock" and nothing in that category has an option for a fingerprint sensor.
    It might be a hardware failure then, get it exchanged on warranty if you can...

Posted via CB10
    06-29-19 09:23 PM
    So if you dial *#2886# and then hit "MANU", and then hit "Fingerprint" and "Fingerprint Enroll" do both these tests "Pass" ?

You have to scroll down and hit Exit when you're done.
    06-29-19 09:49 PM
    So if you dial *#2886# and then hit "MANU", and then hit "Fingerprint" and "Fingerprint Enroll" do both these tests "Pass" ?

You have to scroll down and hit Exit when you're done.
    Hi, the same happened to my BlackBerry key2 LE, nothing happened when I sun there tests
    07-27-19 11:03 AM
    Sounds like I have the same problem. Fingerprint stopped being recognized. No longer shows up in settings. Fails the test when I enter *#2886#.

I bought it used so there's no chance of warranty coverage.

Maybe this is unrelated but some flour may have gotten in the keyboard while I was baking right before this problem developed. So avoid flour around your Blackberry.
    09-03-19 02:05 PM
    Sounds like I have the same problem. Fingerprint stopped being recognized. No longer shows up in settings. Fails the test when I enter *#2886#.

I bought it used so there's no chance of warranty coverage.

Maybe this is unrelated but some flour may have gotten in the keyboard while I was baking right before this problem developed. So avoid flour around your Blackberry.
    You could blow out your spacebar with some compressed air to see if that will get it back.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-19 09:28 PM