Hello !
    I am planning on getting my first BlackBerry phone. I am really hesitating between Key² and Key² LE. I first wanted the regular Key², but the thing is I recently read some posts which talked about a spacebar issue on the Key², but none on the LE.

Which one should I get ? Is the camera on the LE is really weaker than on the Key² ? Is there a real change in terms of performance for a normal usage ? Does the LE tends to slow down with time ?

Thank you
    11-26-19 04:38 PM
    If you have never used the more advanced swipe features... I'd get the LE.

But then if this is your 1st BlackBerry... and thus your aren't a hardcore, must have a PKB person. At this point... why?
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 11-27-19 at 09:02 AM.
    11-27-19 08:01 AM
    Hello !
    I am planning on getting my first BlackBerry phone. I am really hesitating between Key² and Key² LE. I first wanted the regular Key², but the thing is I recently read some posts which talked about a spacebar issue on the Key², but none on the LE.

Which one should I get ? Is the camera on the LE is really weaker than on the Key² ? Is there a real change in terms of performance for a normal usage ? Does the LE tends to slow down with time ?

Thank you
    The KEY2 is the better device overall, no doubt.

If you don't care much for the keyboard swiping gestures, you may wanna go for the LE.

The camera on the KEY2 isn't too great but it is better than the LE's.
    11-27-19 08:44 AM
    Yes that’s what I thought too, maybe the LE will fit my needs. I wonder if the LE’s camera is still at least workable.

I wanted a pkb because I’m very bored of my devices.. also the thing I do the most on my phone is typing so I wanted to try BlackBerry. I only tried one BlackBerry during two weeks when someone lent me a Bold when my phone broke. It was like ten years ago, but it offered me some great memories.
    11-27-19 07:43 PM
    Hello !

Thank you
    I agree with Dunt and questioning why you’d want a PKB device? The LE is the better choice since the capacitive PKB does have some issues for some people.
    11-28-19 06:58 AM
    The LE is the better choice since the capacitive PKB does have some issues for some people.
    while the KEY2 keyboard is not as flawless as the Priv's, I can tell you that after having owned several of each KEY Berry's that despite the fact that KEY2's have had some spacebar and capacitive issues, it remains the overall better and more enjoyable device than the LE.
    11-28-19 10:16 AM
    while the KEY2 keyboard is not as flawless as the Priv's, I can tell you that after having owned several of each KEY Berry's that despite the fact that KEY2's have had some spacebar and capacitive issues, it remains the overall better and more enjoyable device than the LE.
    I also read your thread about Key²'s build dates, and it seems like later versions like the Red Edition have less issues with the spacebar. So I'm tempted to try Key² but there is always the risk of having a bad spacebar, that's why I hesitate.
    11-28-19 11:38 AM
    I also read your thread about Key²'s build dates, and it seems like later versions like the Red Edition have less issues with the spacebar. So I'm tempted to try Key² but there is always the risk of having a bad spacebar, that's why I hesitate.
    I used to hesitate also for the bigger part of 2019 which is why I was using an LE at that time but man once you get back on a KEY2 this thing really feels amazing.

If you want "zero risk" , get a Red one but they won't be cheap.

If you're outside the US, there might be some black BBF100-1 or BBF100-6 units out there with March 2019 build dates or later.

A spacebar that isn't completely firm in place doesn't necessarily mean that it will malfunction.
    Now since I've gotten my hands on almost 10 different KEY2's from all colors and various build dates, I can say that the majority of Black/Silver models built in 2018 don't have a space that feels exactly as firm as the Red one.
    However I would think that most KEY2's are okay as far as inputting spaces (even though this phone has received multiple complaints about that).
    11-28-19 05:47 PM
    Hey there,
    if you don't mind spending the extra buck for the Key2 - I would ditch the Key2 LE.

Why?
    Just because of better specs - extra power will never be wrong with any Android device.
    The Key 2 has "just" mid-range / low-range specs for 2019, upcoming 2020 and it just makes sense to get the more powerful device of both to be better future prove and more satisfying OS/App experience.

But that's just what I think.
    11-29-19 09:06 AM
    Hey there,
    if you don't mind spending the extra buck for the Key2 - I would ditch the Key2 LE.

Why?
    Just because of better specs - extra power will never be wrong with any Android device.
    The Key 2 has "just" mid-range / low-range specs for 2019, upcoming 2020 and it just makes sense to get the more powerful device of both to be better future prove and more satisfying OS/App experience.

But that's just what I think.
    Yes you're maybe right, sounds like a great idea to think about the future, I didn't even think about that.

Thank you all for your asnwers. I think I'm gonna give the Key² a try, I just ordered one. I'll keep you informed, especially about the spacebar.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-29-19 06:12 PM
    Yes you're maybe right, sounds like a great idea to think about the future, I didn't even think about that.

Thank you all for your asnwers. I think I'm gonna give the Key² a try, I just ordered one. I'll keep you informed, especially about the spacebar.
    Let us know how you like your KEY2!
    11-30-19 08:10 PM
    Let us know how you like your KEY2!
    Hello ! It's been a while since I received my Key². I had the time to test it, and I have to say I'm very satisfied with it ! I love the feeling of it, the keyboard is nice.

The spacebar is not wobbly/loose at all. It first had a different feeling from the other keys, like if it cracked when I pressed it, quite noisy. But now that feeling disappeared, the spacebar acts normally, like the other keys, no problem at all. My model is a BBF100-6 (black dual sim) EU version. The build date is 09/29/2019.

Thank you all for your advices
    01-11-20 09:13 AM
    Hello ! It's been a while since I received my Key². I had the time to test it, and I have to say I'm very satisfied with it ! I love the feeling of it, the keyboard is nice.

The spacebar is not wobbly/loose at all. It first had a different feeling from the other keys, like if it cracked when I pressed it, quite noisy. But now that feeling disappeared, the spacebar acts normally, like the other keys, no problem at all. My model is a BBF100-6 (black dual sim) EU version. The build date is 09/29/2019.

Thank you all for your advices
    Where did you buy this KEY2?

I really want a Black one that has a recent build date like yours
    01-12-20 03:08 AM
    Where did you buy this KEY2?

I really want a Black one that has a recent build date like yours
    It was on Amazon.de. I'm not german so I had to get used to the Qwertz keyboard, but it's really easy. I'm in Europe so it works perfectly where I live
    01-12-20 06:55 AM