I know this is a question asked many times before but I am really in a dilemma about what to go with.

Reports of space bar issues and the build quality in general have scared me off the Key2 a bit in recent times. Obviously the LE is a bit cheaper and although I can pick up a Key2 Silver for not that much more at £469 from Laptops Direct with a possible 10% cashback I'm struggling to find a genuine case to put it in if I was to buy it.(I really don't entertain third party cases)

I see BB are giving away a genuine flip case for free with purchases of the Key2 LE from them direct which is worth nearly £40 and this obviously makes the £399 cost for the 64GB all the more appealing.

I genuinely would appreciate thoughts and suggestions from anyone and everyone willing to chip in. I suppose I am more keen to hear negatives than I am positives before I pull the trigger on one or the other.
    Last edited by Chasloyal; 04-22-19 at 09:06 AM.
    04-22-19 08:21 AM
    Never have used either....

Too me the processor and swipe features would incline me towards the KEY2.

I don't hold out much hope for BBMo future, but if Verizon does start offering one or both (some suggests the KEY2 will come).... and if enterprise pricing is competitive, I'm considering it.
    04-22-19 09:48 AM
    I know this is a question asked many times before but I am really in a dilemma about what to go with.

Reports of space bar issues and the build quality in general have scared me off the Key2 a bit in recent times. Obviously the LE is a bit cheaper and although I can pick up a Key2 Silver for not that much more at £469 from Laptops Direct with a possible 10% cashback I'm struggling to find a genuine case to put it in if I was to buy it.(I really don't entertain third party cases)

I see BB are giving away a genuine flip case for free with purchases of the Key2 LE from them direct which is worth nearly £40 and this obviously makes the £399 cost for the 64GB all the more appealing.

I genuinely would appreciate thoughts and suggestions from anyone and everyone willing to chip in. I suppose I am more keen to hear negatives than I am positives before I pull the trigger on one or the other.
    I had the KEY² until it met an untimely death last week between a parking lot and an suv wheel. I really liked the phone except for the capacitive keyboard issues that seem to plague a lot of KEY² users. See: /blackberry-key2-f472/physical-keyboard-use-randomly-activates-pointer-cursor-mode-issue-1155317/#post13271678
    Because of those issues and cost I decided to replace it with the Key²LE. I really like the phone. The battery seems to last just about as long as the KEY² and the keyboard seems to be better built. Because the Key²LE keyboard isn't capacitive it isn't plagued with the issues of the KEY². There are some capacitive keyboard features that I miss, swipe-up word replacement (when it worked with the first swipe-up), swipe left for word delete (when it's only one or two words). Swipe left for word delete is a pain if it is more than a couple of words, I prefer holding the back key. It was no big deal to get used to touching the word that I want instead of swipe-up.
    In short I'm enjoying typing on the Key²LE much more than on the issue plagued KEY².
    I definitely think the Key²LE is well worth the money (savings).
    04-22-19 03:40 PM
    Go for the LE if the reports of issues with the KEY2 worry you.
    04-22-19 08:14 PM
    Thank you to all your replies and I must admit I am very much swaying toward the LE, in fact I may well go on there now and order it as I have negotiated a very nice sim-only deal for me and the missus with BT today.

By virtue of having BT landline anytime unlimited, fibre and BT Sport HD pack subscription we were paying around £58 a month for they've offered me a great deal!

So we've kept what we had and then they've upgraded us to 'Superfast Fibre Plus' and added two mobile sim only contracts consisting of unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 8GB data per phone for the price of £64.50 so absolutely no way you can argue with that.
    Last edited by Chasloyal; 04-23-19 at 06:20 PM. Reason: typo
    04-23-19 06:16 PM
    I went with the key2 over the LE do to amount of ram and camera quality... I turned off the swype on the keyboard because I hate it and I don't have vibration on for battery life and I hate it anyways... but I have enjoy the Key2 even though my space bar has some trouble at times
    04-24-19 12:39 AM
    If you want Verizon the LE is your only option as of now
    04-24-19 12:40 AM
    The only difference between Key2 and LE is that LE is compatible with Verizon. Given you appear to be in Europe (by use of the pound sign), I would think your decision should be based on what your carrier accepts. I got LE a few days ago and it works beautifully. No space bar or other build issues. Keyboard is the best I have used in a while.
    04-24-19 11:53 AM