Hi all

Ok so last week my blackberry keyone developed an issue where i couldnt get past the blackberry bootloader menu. J tried all the ideas from here but in the end had yontakenit back to carphone warehouse to be sent away for repair.

Anyway they have just phoned saying they coukdnt fix it and have had to send it back to the manufacturer for repair but dontbhave a timescale. So they are offering me the uograded version, a key2, at no extra cost.

I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts or advice on this ? I personally feel its a fair offer from them but would love to gt peoples personal opinions or reviews of the key2 and if hey key2 is known for havin the same bootloader issue?

Thank you
    02-27-19 12:04 PM
    That's a pretty fair offer. I'd take them up on it. As for KEY2 being prone to the same thing, every device has the possibility of running into it as there's plenty of variables that cause it, most of which that are out of end-users control.

It's not a KEYone, KEY2 or whatever issue; it's just the nature of Android OS. You can Google it yourself and see it from countless other devices across the spectrum. Things happen, files get corrupt, downloads aren't fully complete, etc.

The long and short of it, though, is that it's not an inherent hardware issue that stands out as being something many people experience. It's just a run of the mill problem that happens.
    drobbie and Rico4you like this.
    02-27-19 12:21 PM
    Snap their offer up and move on.
    02-28-19 05:37 PM