Yeah but Bell carries the Z10.
    My Carrier doesn't not carry any BlackBerry 10 devices at all.

When I call up they don't know what Device their SIM is in.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Are you sure they ask you because they have have no idea which phone you have? Or because it is mandatory procedure for them in order to confirm the users' device is what they have listed?

I don't know. I think they ask you what phone you have in a similar way to the stereotypical "have you tried turning it off and on?" that technical supports are known for.
    01-29-15 01:57 PM
    Are you sure they ask you because they have have no idea which phone you have? Or because it is mandatory procedure for them in order to confirm the users' device is what they have listed?

I don't know. I think they ask you what phone you have in a similar way to the stereotypical "have you tried turning it off and on?" that technical supports are known for.
    I'm pretty positive, they don't carry BlackBerry 10s.

They are also just kind of a stupid carrier don't know how to put it.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-29-15 05:00 PM
    Okay well your wrong.

The BlackBerry logo shows up to show you are connecting to the BlackBerry Server which is exactly what I previously said.
    But you can use BlackBerry World and BlackBerry Protect without having the logo I do it every day. this your statement makes no sense because the only way you can access exclusive BB services is if you're connected to the BB servers

The only thing you can't use (on BB10) is BBM. this statement is wrong

It's pretty simple, BBM is the only thing on BB10 that you need BlackBerry Services for and it's a known bug that with my Carrier, BlackBerry 10 devices can't connect to BlackBerry Services.
    BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    No you are the one who's actually WRONG!!!

BBM is the no1 Blackberry feature you dont need BIS for in BB10 devices...that's why Androids, iPhones and Windows Phone can use BBM...maybe your carrier deliberately blocks BB10 devices from using BBM to force you to pay specific charges BUT one of the first things mentioned when BB10 was formally announced some two and a half years ago was that BB10 devices will specifically not require BIS and can use any data package to communicate with BB servers

BBM is a BlackBerry service so any device that wants to connect to BBM must connect to BlackBerry servers....

BlackBerry Servers provide feedback to BB devices (legacy and BB10) that the connection to BB Servers is OK if the connection is ok & active while the devices provide VISUAL FEEDBACK to the user by displaying the BB logo beside the data logo confirming communication with BB servers....in legacy BBOS, the devices are handicapped because they cannot communicate with the internet without going through a BIS server provided by the local carrier to communicate with the BB servers...BB10 devices do not have that handicap....they can go through any internet data tunnel to reach the BB servers...
    01-30-15 12:33 PM
    Ok guy I don't think this is true
    1) He has Golan T and they don't support BlackBerry service
    2) I work in this field and I would have heard about it

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 01:50 PM
    Shabbat shalom!

Posted via CB10
    massiepas68 likes this.
    01-30-15 03:01 PM
    Shabbat shalom!

Posted via CB10
    Ha thanks Motec BB

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-31-15 11:08 AM
    No you are the one who's actually WRONG!!!

BBM is the no1 Blackberry feature you dont need BIS for in BB10 devices...that's why Androids, iPhones and Windows Phone can use BBM...maybe your carrier deliberately blocks BB10 devices from using BBM to force you to pay specific charges BUT one of the first things mentioned when BB10 was formally announced some two and a half years ago was that BB10 devices will specifically not require BIS and can use any data package to communicate with BB servers

BBM is a BlackBerry service so any device that wants to connect to BBM must connect to BlackBerry servers....

BlackBerry Servers provide feedback to BB devices (legacy and BB10) that the connection to BB Servers is OK if the connection is ok & active while the devices provide VISUAL FEEDBACK to the user by displaying the BB logo beside the data logo confirming communication with BB servers....in legacy BBOS, the devices are handicapped because they cannot communicate with the internet without going through a BIS server provided by the local carrier to communicate with the BB servers...BB10 devices do not have that handicap....they can go through any internet data tunnel to reach the BB servers...
    Okay I'm not going to argue with you because it's ridiculous, I have a Verizon Z30 on Golan Telecom's network and I can't BBM.

You don't see I'm agreeing with you.

I stated that it could be because I have a VERIZON Z30.
    I said that could be the reason why I can't connect to the BlackBerry Servers on Golan Telecom.

Because I could not change my APN like people with other NON-VERIZON devices.
    I had to change my APN settings from inside my eScreen.

That is probably the reason I can't connect to BlackBerry Servers

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-31-15 11:21 AM
    Okay I'm not going to argue with you because it's ridiculous, I have a Verizon Z30 on Golan Telecom's network and I can't BBM.

I said that could be the reason why I can't connect to the BlackBerry Servers on Golan Telecom.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion

You can't connect to bbm because you are on Golan T and they don't support BlackBerry service

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 06:10 PM
    You can't connect to bbm because you are on Golan T and they don't support BlackBerry service
    But what does BlackBerry service" mean, when it comes to BB10? Surely it's not BIS.
    01-31-15 06:23 PM

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    When you are out and about, meaning on cellular only--not wifi--does your browser work? Can you browse the Internet without being on a wifi network?
    01-31-15 08:25 PM
    But what does BlackBerry service" mean, when it comes to BB10? Surely it's not BIS.
    On BB10 it would mean just BBM
    01-31-15 09:09 PM
    When you are out and about, meaning on cellular only--not wifi--does your browser work? Can you browse the Internet without being on a wifi network?
    Yes it is unlike the legacy devices I got full data except for sending or receiving BBM messages.

And as silly as it sounds I believe I get BBM Channels updates when I'm not on WiFi. But just not messages.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-31-15 11:22 PM
    I'm not exactly sure but I can guarantee it has some effect on BBM.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-31-15 11:22 PM
    I'm not exactly sure but I can guarantee it has some effect on BBM.
    See, but then there's this: Clearing up the BlackBerry 10 data plan confusion: No, you don't need a special BlackBerry plan if you're a regular customer | CrackBerry.com

But I also know that this isn't true for every country. Some countries require BIS regardless of BB10 or BBOS. And until today, AFAIK Israel has never come up as one such possible country.
    01-31-15 11:57 PM
    See, but then there's this: Clearing up the BlackBerry 10 data plan confusion: No, you don't need a special BlackBerry plan if you're a regular customer | CrackBerry.com

But I also know that this isn't true for every country. Some countries require BIS regardless of BB10 or BBOS. And until today, AFAIK Israel has never come up as one such possible country.
    So possibly the reason is because I'm in Israel.

I still need BIS even on BlackBerry 10 I'm Israel.
    Possible.

You at least make sense the other guy just tried telling me that I do get BBM.

I'm not an ***** I know how to use BBM and it doesn't work without WiFi.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-01-15 02:00 AM
    OP, why don't you try using the android version of BBM and see what happens?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 07:05 AM
    OP, why don't you try using the android version of BBM and see what happens?

Posted via CB10
    Well I'm actually not the OP of this thread but I don't think it will work, last time I tried BBM it wouldn't open, it just crashed upon opening.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-01-15 07:17 AM
    I see some touched on this issue, I figured I would just say I have two Q10's one on Hot mobile and the other on Golan. I can NEVER get bbm working (no BlackBerry symbol ) UNLESS they are on WiFi. To clarify, messages will not send/receive until I get to WiFi. Internet works fine as does whatsapp

I have googled and searched crackberry endlessly and found no thread that offers a solution.

If anyone can find the solution I will be forever grateful.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 03:20 AM
    I see some touched on this issue, I figured I would just say I have two Q10's one on Hot mobile and the other on Golan. I can NEVER get bbm working (no BlackBerry symbol ) UNLESS they are on WiFi. To clarify, messages will not send/receive until I get to WiFi. Internet works fine as does whatsapp

I have googled and searched crackberry endlessly and found no thread that offers a solution.

If anyone can find the solution I will be forever grateful.

Posted via CB10
    There is no solution because they both don't support blackberry service

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:28 AM
    Wow that means blackberry seriously missed something in bb10. Why in the world is bbm still tied down to BlackBerry services, when bbm is now cross platform? Makes no sense I think we are missing something.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:12 PM
    Anyone Here is Hebrew Speaker/writer?
    03-05-15 10:13 AM
    Anyone Here is Hebrew Speaker/writer?
    Ken. Purim Sameach!

Q10 on 10.3.1.1581
    03-05-15 10:18 AM
    We looking for new members in BerryIL.com....
    03-05-15 10:29 AM
    Shabbat shalom!

Posted via CB10
    In dutch this means: goeiedag Eem zeg!
    03-05-15 10:40 AM
    We looking for new members in BerryIL.com....
    I visit the app daily.
    Lefamim yesh devarim shama shelo nichtevu poh.

Q10 on 10.3.1.1581
    03-05-15 10:46 AM
124 ... 2345