Not true BB10 still uses BlackBerry Services for BBM.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Not correct...BBM on BB10 doesn't require BIS....BBM works even when there's no sim in the device
    01-28-15 01:22 PM
    Not correct...BBM on BB10 doesn't require BIS....BBM works even when there's no sim in the device
    Not BIS BlackBerry Services.

Meaning that unless you have that little BlackBerry looking logo in the top right next to your signal you will not be able to BBM.

It happens to me so I know it's true I can't connect to BlackBerry Services because my device is APN locked from Verizon and I had to changed the APN through the escreen.

I believe if I could normally change my APN settings then I would have BlackBerry Services and would be able to BBM.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-28-15 02:46 PM
    That's no longer true at least for the US. Carriers share their list of blacklisted phones, at least those that were stolen, so the phones would be blocked on all participating carriers (which includes at least the Big Four.)
    Oh thanks Raino I didn't know that.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-28-15 02:48 PM
    In GSM (which uses a SIM card), the carrier knows the IMEI of the device (hardware) as it operates in their cellular network, so they know whether it's a device that has gone through their carrier testing. They can determine it for their own customers (using their SIM card) and for roaming customers. It is also used to identify cellphones that have been stolen and reported, and then placed on a 'blacklist' so they will not be given service.

IMEI = International Mobile Equipment Identity (which identifies the specific cellphone, as well as the make and model).
    CDMA networks call it an MEID.

To find out your device's IMEI, dial *#06# (as if you're calling that "number"); the IMEI will immediately be displayed.

Some phones will also provide other means to view the IMEI / MEID.
    When I call my Carrier why do they ask me what device I am using then?

They aren't asking which line because this is the only one.
    I started with a Z10 and now I have a Z30 and throughout I have an android tablet that I pop the SIM into from time to time no use it on.

Maybe my Carrier is just stupid but they don't have the farthest clue for what phones are on their network.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-28-15 02:54 PM
    Many of my Israeli friends are still carrying BBOS and BB10 BlackBerry's today and they're all working.

I suspect you got a junior sales rep trying to sell you an Android or iPhone device instead - these are the normal lies that come out during that kind of sale. (Along with "BlackBerry is going out of business" and "There are no apps for BlackBerry" etc.)
    Agreed also how else would the government inform you if there is a bomb treat without data? And to specifically target out blackberry

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-28-15 04:36 PM
    If I had to guess (and assuming that this is based on legitimate information):

Blackberry had asked Carriers to no longer activate new accounts with BIS service. Existing BIS accounts will still work and all new BB10 activations will be unaffected (as Blackberry services will go straight to BB's servers). This will mostly affect Legacy BB users who want to switch carriers, or people who want to activate an old legacy BB device on a new or current (non-BIS) account. The end game would be to get users to upgrade to devices such as the Jakarta and then eventually shut off the BIS servers.
    01-28-15 06:02 PM
    I was just about to order the classic ....
    Now it seems that blackberry is gone from israel

Israel - as from today - blackberry canceled all the internet, email, what up etc services in Israel. All the suppliers say that they were instructed by blackberry to cancel all on line service in Israel. Is it true?
    Still, BB10 doesn't need BIS to work.
    01-28-15 07:16 PM
    Help me please!
    Not working BBM. My device said "No BlackBerry Data". 4G connection sometimes...
    Israel has all BlackBerry Internet Service cancelled-img_20150129_114453_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:47 PM
    Poppy ****
    BIS is for legacy BlackBerry only. I can't see the Israeli government being ok with that...they do operate I'm sure a healthy number of legacy BlackBerry And BES

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 10:25 PM
    These have nothing to do to each other.

And the PlayBook was totally different it's not Mobile Phone. It's a tablet.

And they didn't cancel services for the PlayBook, they stopped supporting it meaning no more updates.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Android tablets owners can use BBM over wifi
    I do like my playbook and never replacing it with android, but come'on.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:14 PM
    Hi benbraun. I am also from Israel and addicted to Blackberry. Would like to be in contact with you. 2AE049E1.
    01-28-15 11:50 PM
    When I call my Carrier why do they ask me what device I am using then?

They aren't asking which line because this is the only one.
    I started with a Z10 and now I have a Z30 and throughout I have an android tablet that I pop the SIM into from time to time no use it on.

Maybe my Carrier is just stupid but they don't have the farthest clue for what phones are on their network.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Hi benbraun. I am also from Israel and addicted to Blackberry. Would like to be in contact with you. 2AE049E1.
    01-28-15 11:51 PM
    Help me please!
    Not working BBM. My device said "No BlackBerry Data". 4G connection sometimes...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150129_114453_edit.png 
Views:	1183 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	330406

Posted via CB10
    And here is my proof I'm the same example.
    He doesn't have BlackBerry Services so he can't use BBM.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    01-29-15 12:12 AM
    Help me please!

Posted via CB10
    What device, model, and carrier are you using?

Type myver

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-29-15 12:14 AM
    Ha my point exactly...

I cannot BBM without WiFi.

But I will add you when I believe the chance.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-29-15 12:15 AM
    Okay so let me see if I can help.

I am using an STA100-3 which is a VERIZON Z30.

First off there are more than 3 Cell Providers is Israel.
    I can list more than three off the top of my head (Golan Telecom, Cellcom, Pelephone, Orange, 012 Mobile, YouPhone, HOT Mobile, Rami Levy...)

I am using a my Verizon Z30 on Golan Telecom.

Golan Telecom is the cheapest of all the carriers and they have amazing "Unlimited" deals which have unlimited but throttled data.
    Golan Telecom also does not have their own cell towers, they use Cellcom's towers, but use their own APN.

Because I am using a VERIZON Z30, my APN setting are NOT EDITABLE through the normal method (Mobile Network settings).
    Verizon BlackBerry 10 devices (at least the Z10 and Z30) come factory unlocked to use in other networks, BUT they hard lock the APN into the device so you cannot even access the APN settings.

Attachment 330012

The way I had to change my APN was through the device's eScreen. Which isn't a big deal, BUT I believe that because my APN is not changed the normal way I DO NOT GET BLACKBERRY SERVICES which means I cannot BBM over my mobile network (not on WiFi).

I believe if I have a a device that isn't Verizon I would have BlackBerry Services but cannot confirm it is possible that Golan Telecom will not have BlackBerry Services but I know for a fact (before today at least) that they support BB7 devices. So I'm assuming you do not special services to have BBM functioning on BB10.

I know that Cellcom (the provider that Golan Telecom is using towers from) definitely supports BB10 services.

It is possible that they BlackBerry canceled all BlackBerry Services in Israel (very unlikely, I have no idea why they would do that) , but even if they did all that would mean on a BB10 device is that you will be unable to BBM when you aren't on WiFi.

Attachment 330021

As you can see in the top right of the image I don't have that BlackBerry symbol that indicates you have BlackBerry Services.

Thank you for informing me of this issue I will call Carriers when I get a chance to see what I can find out with all of this.

If I left anything or wasn't clear just comment on this thread and I will clarify.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Ok, so for whatever reason, you CAN'T get internet service for BB10 with Golan Telecom. In my last visit I had my Z10 and Z30 and was researching along with the tech support manager for a solution but there isn't any. Apparently it is a known issue with Golan Telecom. When I switched to Cellcom the internet worked perfectly on both of my Z's.

Also, since the Blackberry market in Israel is very small to begin with, I don't think that there are too many BB Legacy devices to justify providing BIS services, so I can see carriers cutting the service all together. It is not a big loss as most Legacy devices are considered outdated and it's been a while since they were sold (yeah, I know about the 9900 reproduction... but still).
    01-29-15 12:33 AM
    Ok, so for whatever reason, you CAN'T get internet service for BB10 with Golan Telecom. In my last visit I had my Z10 and Z30 and was researching along with the tech support manager for a solution but there isn't any. Apparently it is a known issue with Golan Telecom. When I switched to Cellcom the internet worked perfectly on both of my Z's.

Also, since the Blackberry market in Israel is very small to begin with, I don't think that there are too many BB Legacy devices to justify providing BIS services, so I can see carriers cutting the service all together. It is not a big loss as most Legacy devices are considered outdated and it's been a while since they were sold (yeah, I know about the 9900 reproduction... but still).
    My point is that the OP will have a working device except for possibly BBM which he will probably still have.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-29-15 12:43 AM
    Not BIS BlackBerry Services.
    Meaning that unless you have that little BlackBerry looking logo in the top right next to your signal you will not be able to BBM.
    It happens to me so I know it's true I can't connect to BlackBerry Services because my device is APN locked from Verizon and I had to changed the APN through the escreen.
    I believe if I could normally change my APN settings then I would have BlackBerry Services and would be able to BBM.
    BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    for BlackBerry devices, the BB logo shows up to give you further confirmation that your data service is ok because your device is able to reach BlackBerry Network servers to access BBWorld, BBProtect and other exclusive Blackberry services not for the actual data communication with the internet and www....otherwise BBM for androids, apple and windows devices will not work since those devices don't run on BB data and never see the BB logo
    01-29-15 12:47 AM
    Help me please!

Posted via CB10
    the fact that the H is in capital doesnt mean there's data service...during data flunctuation, the device will do its best to search for and maintain the best possible data connection. the letter feedback will only drop to small caps when it's failed and given up

for BB devices, the BB logo beside the data icon confirms your data service is in good condition because your device is able to talk to the BB servers
    01-29-15 12:56 AM
    for BlackBerry devices, the BB logo shows up to give you further confirmation that your data service is ok because your device is able to reach BlackBerry Network servers to access BBWorld, BBProtect and other exclusive Blackberry services not for the actual data communication with the internet and www....otherwise BBM for androids, apple and windows devices will not work since those devices don't run on BB data and never see the BB logo
    I'm really sorry but I got none of what you just said.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-29-15 12:57 AM
    actually i'm not surprised you don't get it...if you did, you would not have posted most of the BB logo stuff you've posted on this thread
    01-29-15 01:00 AM
    My Carrier doesn't know what device I have, I just took my unlocked device and out in a SIM card.
    How would they know what device I'm on.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    I used to think the same thing. When I called Bell for tech support in November they knew that my SIM was in a Z10. No idea how, but they knew.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    01-29-15 01:29 AM
    actually i'm not surprised you don't get it...if you did, you would not have posted most of the BB logo stuff you've posted on this thread
    Okay well your wrong.

The BlackBerry logo shows up to show you are connecting to the BlackBerry Server which is exactly what I previously said.
    But you can use BlackBerry World and BlackBerry Protect without having the logo I do it every day.

The only thing you can't use (on BB10) is BBM.

It's pretty simple, BBM is the only thing on BB10 that you need BlackBerry Services for and it's a known bug that with my Carrier, BlackBerry 10 devices can't connect to BlackBerry Services.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-29-15 03:17 AM
    I used to think the same thing. When I called Bell for tech support in November they knew that my SIM was in a Z10. No idea how, but they knew.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    Yeah but Bell carries the Z10.
    My Carrier doesn't not carry any BlackBerry 10 devices at all.

When I call up they don't know what Device their SIM is in.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-29-15 06:13 AM
    Can anyone else confirm?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 01:53 PM
124 12345