Question: How can I install the Android Version of Whatsapp on my passport? If i use the apk provided from the playstore, i get a google services error. If i use cobalts services patcher, the app cant give me a registration call and then tells me that there is something wrong with my app. Please help, as i do not know how to proceed. I dont wanna get some Junk, i wanna keep my passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 10:42 AM
    You do not need Cobalt's service patcher. Just install as usual from the Google Play Store. If it asks for Google Play Service, just skip or cancel for that particular part and proceed with installation. The Google Play Service is optional and use only to save your chat history to Google Drive--which you don't need since it can save just as well to the Whatsapp's server.

I have installed this successfully on my Passport and have been running it for almost a week now with no problem. At all. If I can do it, you should, too.
    03-01-16 11:07 AM
    Hey, thanks so much for replying! The only problem is I cannot cancel the Play Services Thingy.. I will look into it later and try it once more.. Anyways thank you so much!
    03-01-16 11:14 AM
    I did it... Goddamn didn't know I could use the "go Back" button... Kinda stupid.. Thank you
    03-01-16 11:19 AM
    Just install as usual from the Google Play Store
    [for those new to this]

Therefore, you'll need to install it on your BB10 device, here's how : http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/

Alternatively, you can use a third party APK download store like 1mobile, but please note this might result in less trustable APKs download (unlikely on very popular ones, TBH, but be careful with unknown ones ... my 2 cents)
    03-01-16 01:38 PM
    Do you receive Hub notifications?

Posted from my big screen Z30 STA100-5 running 10.3.2.2876
    03-01-16 07:47 PM
    Yes. No error no bull****. Try it.
    03-01-16 09:21 PM
    Hi there guys

Sorry to be a bother but on my Z10 I can't upload a photo through my whatsapp apk.

It works beautifully the only problem is the uploading of photos fails through the android apk on my z10.

I skipped Google services so I could continue with the installation but it is no working 100% flawlessly as so features dont work

If anybody can help me out I would be extremely grateful as I don't want to buy a new phone and hear whatsapp is dropping support for BlackBerry is 10 at the end of this year sadly. But the android app side loading should still work just fine

Thank you very much
    05-05-16 06:52 AM
    What version of whatsapp did you install on your Z10?

Posted via CB10
    Stinky Stinky likes this.
    05-05-16 10:33 AM
    Hey hi there BlackZ10 thank you for the response!
    I have version 2.16.61 installed.

I side loaded it and downloaded from the internet but it won't upload or send a photo.

Everything else works fine except the send images / photos option.

http://forums.crackberry.com/members...505-192930.png

http://forums.crackberry.com/members...505-193019.png

Unfortunately photos don't work and really want photos to work.

I know I can install whatsapp from the App World but it will become obsolete at the end of this year so want my side load apk to be working properly.

Don't mind getting my hands a bit dirty to get it to work just don't really know how or why it doesn't work.

Thank you very much by the way
    05-05-16 12:52 PM
    Ahh I made a response to this thread with pictures in it but it hasn't posted :/

Well I installed apk version 2.16.61 so I don't understand why it doesn't have photo support.

Thank you so much BlackZ10!

I made a much better response than this with screenshots explaining but it didn't post or something - is it because I am very new to the forums maybe for evaluation?

Thank you for trying to help
    05-05-16 01:11 PM
    What is your BBM Pin ?Will send you an APK and let's see if it works.

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    Stinky Stinky likes this.
    05-05-16 03:50 PM
    Thanks buddy!

My pin I will pm message you my pin wow thank you so much BlackZ10 buddy!
    05-05-16 04:18 PM
    Hi, I'm using the android version but mine fails to upload videos or images. Are u facing the same issue?
    07-04-16 04:04 AM
    Prepare get a new phone after 31 December the android version won't work on BlackBerry 10
    serugo owen likes this.
    07-04-16 04:07 AM
    ...I do not understand, why the android version of whatsapp should not work (except posting media directly over whatsapp....) in 2017! Maybe somebody could explain this...

I actually use the android version of whatsapp on my Q10. Of course I can not post any media but if I sent uploaded "shared links" for example from google-photos, the receiver will be able to see all media over these shared links.

I think this should work as long as android-whatsapp is compatible to android version 4.3.
    07-25-16 02:14 AM
    ...I do not understand, why the android version of whatsapp should not work (except posting media directly over whatsapp....) in 2017! Maybe somebody could explain this...

I actually use the android version of whatsapp on my Q10. Of course I can not post any media but if I sent uploaded "shared links" for example from google-photos, the receiver will be able to see all media over these shared links.

I think this should work as long as android-whatsapp is compatible to android version 4.3.
    Correct, the android version should also work in 2017.

Regarding the media-problem:
    there is an app which fixes this called WAA Fixer and can be downloaded from the BlackBerry Beta Zone
    07-25-16 05:16 AM
    Thank you very much. Just installed this fix - works fine!
    07-25-16 06:54 AM
    Correct, the android version should also work in 2017.

Regarding the media-problem:
    there is an app which fixes this called WAA Fixer and can be downloaded from the BlackBerry Beta Zone
    Do you get push notifications for Android version Whatsapp on BB10 ?
    07-25-16 07:32 AM
    You get only one notification in the hub, if you received one or more messages. LED-notification does not work too.

I think android whatsapp integration will develop and get better in 2017. Right now it's without problems possible to send text messages and with WAA Fixer you are able to send media too.

Personal contacts will not all be shown in android whatsapp. But it's possible to save them again. All in all I don't have that much problems with the android version for my use case (just receiving and sending informations in groups).

I'm quite happy with it: I can use my Q10 some more years.
    BD_BB_8520 likes this.
    07-25-16 08:17 AM
    I have the Android version loaded to see how well it works. Overall, it is quite good... but I am having trouble using the group messaging - it doesn't seem to send or receive anything from there. Should I try to re-install or is this a known problem?
    07-28-16 05:33 AM
    I don't have any problems with sending messages within groups.
    07-28-16 05:56 AM
    I don't have any problems with sending messages within groups.
    Hmm... at first I thought that it was just that I tried to send a picture along with my message but it seems that regular messages don't go through either...
    07-28-16 10:16 AM
    for correctly work of android version, must be deinstall the bb10 version of Whatsapp? i`ve installed the android version from Playstore, the registration works, but it hangs on "searching for backups" have wait 30 minutes and nothings...
    10-05-16 12:35 PM
    Just have a look in this thread and watch the video:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...18/index4.html

I don't have this installation problem. But I don't know what I did in a different way. Maybe you should push the backup button in the OS10-Version of Whatsapp before installing it, maybe not...
    10-06-16 04:32 AM
52 123