I've got a Blackberry Key2 that I use to shoot video on and upload it to Instagram. The strange thing is it seems to make the videos I upload my feed quite jumpy or choppy and it takes away some of the fluidity I've seen in other posts. It's happened to me when having a factory reset phone and uploading from both my Key2 and another Android device which uses the footage I shot on the Key2. I'm wondering if it is something to do with the actual codec or something from the camera and how that interacts with the Instagram software once it's uploaded to feed.

Here is a prime example of what I'm talking about: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKuSEnyDEYN/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Although I have read in forums it being a issue with other Android phones and Instagram and seen other cases on Instagram of other people's videos suffering the same issue. My wife doesn't have this issue using her iPhone though.

Any thoughts? Cheers M
    02-16-21 09:19 AM
    I've got a Blackberry Key2 that I use to shoot video on and upload it to Instagram. The strange thing is it seems to make the videos I upload my feed quite jumpy or choppy and it takes away some of the fluidity I've seen in other posts. It's happened to me when having a factory reset phone and uploading from both my Key2 and another Android device which uses the footage I shot on the Key2. I'm wondering if it is something to do with the actual codec or something from the camera and how that interacts with the Instagram software once it's uploaded to feed.

Here is a prime example of what I'm talking about: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKuSEnyD..._web_copy_link

Although I have read in forums it being a issue with other Android phones and Instagram and seen other cases on Instagram of other people's videos suffering the same issue. My wife doesn't have this issue using her iPhone though.

Any thoughts? Cheers M
    I've had the same issue with IG, even if the video plays smooth on the device, if you upload it to the app using the KEY2, it will become choppy and look like some 360p video from 2008.
    02-16-21 09:53 AM
    Yes, you're experiencing exactly what I've been experiencing. Would love to know if anyone in the community has any solutions - but may be a greater Android issue?
    02-16-21 11:13 AM
    Yes, you're experiencing exactly what I've been experiencing. Would love to know if anyone in the community has any solutions - but may be a greater Android issue?
    I haven't tried taking a video with my Note 10+, and then sending it to my KEY2 via Bluetooth, and then uploading to IG from it.
    02-16-21 11:53 AM