I have BB Key2 and playstore update just came out, with instagram update too.
    I cannot find option nowhere to disable dark mode for both apps, not within app, not in phone settings.. Anyone have same issue?
    10-08-19 03:55 PM
    I read the dark mode on Instagram followed the OS theme, but I was under the impression that it only works on Android 10 (and iOS). I'm still waiting on this Play Store option, sobi can't answer that one.
    10-08-19 04:20 PM
    I read the dark mode on Instagram followed the OS theme, but I was under the impression that it only works on Android 10 (and iOS). I'm still waiting on this Play Store option, sobi can't answer that one.
    In BB Launcher my theme is Light...but still my Instagram and playstore are darkTheme....??
    Anyone???
    Last edited by PsihoKey2; 10-08-19 at 04:50 PM.
    10-08-19 04:37 PM
    I don't think you can choose dark theme for OS on Key2 Oreo 8.1.0 ....
    Anyone???
    It is in the launcher settings. Long press a blank spot on home screen, choose settings, theme, then light or dark.
    10-08-19 04:51 PM
    It is in the launcher settings. Long press a blank spot on home screen, choose settings, theme, then light or dark.
    Yes, I saw it...and it is Light, but still Instagram and playstore are Dark!???
    10-08-19 04:53 PM
    Try changing your device time to a 'daylight' hour and see if it changes. Seems like it might be tied to timezone - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-priv-1177155/ and therefore automatic switching. In any case, it's really weird considering it's apparently not supposed to work - https://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...ore-dark-theme
    10-08-19 05:28 PM
    Try changing your device time to a 'daylight' hour and see if it changes. Seems like it might be tied to timezone - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-priv-1177155/ and therefore automatic switching. In any case, it's really weird considering it's apparently not supposed to work - https://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...ore-dark-theme
    Yes, its super weird, I contacted Playstore chat online help, and they told me that only on android 10 it can have dark theme...yet somehow dark Theme appeared on my Playstore, on Key2 8.1 Oreo, also on Instagram.... I cannot get rid of those DarkThemes....super-strange
    My wife has IDENTICAL phone, OS, software and settings, yet, only on my Phone - Dark Themes appeared for those 2 apps...
    Chat help told me to uninstalle google playstore updates- which I did, Light theme came back, but as soon as app updated and I reentered it, dark theme appeared again.... Incredible,!!???
    What to do???
    Attached Thumbnails Instagram and Play Store ONLY Dark mode.-396794.jpg  
    10-08-19 05:35 PM
    Have you tried the settings in the apps. I am not sure on Instagram but on YouTube,tap your initial icon on the upper right, settings, general, then turn dark theme off.
    10-08-19 05:35 PM
    Have you tried the settings in the apps. I am not sure on Instagram but on YouTube,tap your initial icon on the upper right, settings, general, then turn dark theme off.
    There are no settings inside Playstore and Instagram to enable/disable Dark Theme...
    With Youtube I have no problem, it is Light Theme
    10-08-19 05:36 PM
    another of my friends with Key2 has same issue...
    very strange!
    10-08-19 05:44 PM
    another of my friends with Key2 has same issue...
    very strange!
    Is it REALLY an issue though? lol. A lot of folks w/o Android 10 want it and can't get it unless they're on a Samsung device and you have it and don't want it.
    10-08-19 05:47 PM
    Is it REALLY an issue though? lol. A lot of folks w/o Android 10 want it and can't get it unless they're on a Samsung device and you have it and don't want it.
    For PlayStore is ok, but Instagram is also DarkTheme and I really don't like it....
    10-08-19 05:49 PM
    And I cannot change it to LIGHT , both Instagram and Playstore
    10-08-19 05:50 PM
    And I cannot change it to LIGHT , both Instagram and Playstore
    BlackBerry Android devices are being mis-identified as an Android 10 device that is set on system-wide dark mode.

There really isn't anything you can do about it until/if Google fixes it.
    Last edited by conite; 10-09-19 at 08:30 AM.
    10-08-19 06:11 PM
    The Priv is being mis-identified as an Android 10 device that is set on system-wide dark mode.

But this is happening with Key2's as well... don't you think this is intentionally being pushed by Google?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-19 06:51 PM
    But this is happening with Key2's as well... don't you think this is intentionally being pushed by Google?

Posted via CB10
    Probably not. Just a glitch in the matrix. Things like this are why Google does staggered rollouts and why they release things and pull them back. There's no way to account for so many device variations in the world and what end-users, manufacturers, etc do to those devices.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-08-19 07:26 PM
    Yes, its super weird, I contacted Playstore chat online help, and they told me that only on android 10 it can have dark theme...yet somehow dark Theme appeared on my Playstore, on Key2 8.1 Oreo, also on Instagram.... I cannot get rid of those DarkThemes....super-strange
    My wife has IDENTICAL phone, OS, software and settings, yet, only on my Phone - Dark Themes appeared for those 2 apps...
    Chat help told me to uninstalle google playstore updates- which I did, Light theme came back, but as soon as app updated and I reentered it, dark theme appeared again.... Incredible,!!???
    What to do???
    I think it looks marvellous
    10-08-19 07:45 PM
    This is also happening on Motion. Just noticed PlayStore in black w/o option to disable... And yes, I use Nova but PlayStore does not follow Nova Look&Feel/Night Mode settings...
    10-09-19 02:20 AM
    This is also happening on Motion. Just noticed PlayStore in black w/o option to disable... And yes, I use Nova but PlayStore does not follow Nova Look&Feel/Night Mode settings...
    Looks like its a bug from their side...
    One of my Key2 contacts also has same issue
    10-09-19 03:57 AM
    And it is fixed on my Motion. Play Store back to boring white....
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-09-19 04:33 AM
    And it is fixed on my Motion. Play Store back to boring white....
    Nope, back to black. Looks like they doing something about it maybe??
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-09-19 07:13 AM
    Nope, back to black. Looks like they doing something about it maybe??
    No clue...my Instagram app also suddenly is dark mode, and cant go back to light...
    No idea what's happening...
    10-09-19 07:31 AM
    No clue...my Instagram app also suddenly is dark mode, and cant go back to light...
    No idea what's happening...
    BlackBerry Android devices are being mis-identified as an Android 10 device that is set on system-wide dark mode.

^^^^^
    10-09-19 08:31 AM
    ^^^^^
    Thanks conite! I hope google will fix it!
    10-09-19 09:01 AM
    ^^^^^
    I was on online chat with Playstore expert...we tried EVERYTHING via phone settings....couldn't be solved...
    This is what he wrote to me.. (Photo attached)
    So I guess problem is in playstore version, blackberry has to fix this issue with playstore...
    Same goes for Instagram I guess....
    Attached Thumbnails Instagram and Play Store ONLY Dark mode.-screenshot_20191009-161158.jpg  
    10-09-19 09:40 AM
39 12