Home CrackBerry Q&A > Ask a Question

Inbox App Broken.

Asked: Jun 03 2020 | 3:24 am EDT 3234 Views 23 Answers View Best Answer

Yesterday I had various BB app updates which broke a few things, including the Inbox App, which no longer allows sending of email and possibly other problems not yet noticed.
Priv on VodafoneUK

Best Answer

Jun 03 2020 | 8:52 pm EDT conite

For those having issues, uninstall the BlackBerry HUB+ Services app, and then replace it with this older version:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...-apk-download/

If you use the BlackBerry Notes and Tasks apps without having an Exchange account to sync with (god knows why you would), then you may lose your data.

More Answers

Jun 03 2020 | 8:20 am EDT Gajja

I would try to uninstall/reinstall the BlackBerry Hub+ Services

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infrastructure

You may also want to join the BETA versions of all the BlackBerry apps if you haven't already. The most up-to-date and have been pretty stable over the last year or more with every release.
Well I tried and there is no improvement. Calendar crashes when I open some items and Inbox now devoid of mail probably I'll have to reload the email accounts.

Jun 03 2020 | 8:28 am EDT nevilleadaniels

Well I tried and there is no improvement. Calendar crashes when I open some items and Inbox now devoid of mail probably I'll have to reload the email accounts.
I have noted in the past I needed to reload email accounts. Usually because of versioning in the protocols etc. The last time I needed to do this outlook had changed it's protocols and the new version of Inbox changed things appropriately.
I have tested BTInternet to Gmail and email to BTinternet and everything seems to be ok.

Jun 03 2020 | 8:38 am EDT joeldf

Weird. I've had no problems at all so far.

The only thing that changed for me was that text and call logs were no longer available to show in the Inbox. Something BlackBerry was able to have for Samsung phones, and a few other OEMs. But, apparently no more.

I only had texts turned on, but that item is now missing in "Manage Accounts".

Jun 03 2020 | 10:31 am EDT Praesus

Same issues here. After an update blackberry hub keeps crashing and i am unable to send or receive emails through the app. I also use a Blackberry Priv.

Jun 03 2020 | 5:11 pm EDT JECE

I have noted in the past I needed to reload email accounts. Usually because of versioning in the protocols etc. The last time I needed to do this outlook had changed it's protocols and the new version of Inbox changed things appropriately.
I have tested BTInternet to Gmail and email to BTinternet and everything seems to be ok.
Have you found a way to "reload" these accounts without deleting them entirely and re-adding them? It's a pain because I like to customize the settings.

Jun 04 2020 | 12:57 am EDT Praesus

Okay, I was able to solve the problem with the emails. The problem was the BlackBerry Hub + Inbox. I downgraded the app to the version of November 21, 2019 downladed from the following link:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...-7078-release/

At least I am now able to send and receive emails again through the app.

Jun 04 2020 | 3:47 am EDT Ginowine

For those having issues, uninstall the BlackBerry HUB+ Services app, and then replace it with this older version:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...-apk-download/

If you use the BlackBerry Notes and Tasks apps without having an Exchange account to sync with (god knows why you would), then you may lose your data.

To make sure if I understand your explanation correctly:

I don't use BlackBerry Notes and Task but I do use Outlook/Hotmail Exchange personal e-mailaccounts.

So if I only uninstall BlackBerry Hub - Services, will I be able to keep my email (hotmail) addresses and settings in tact which were set before by myself years ago?

Posted via CB10

Jun 04 2020 | 6:53 am EDT Ginowine

Okay, I was able to solve the problem with the emails. The problem was the BlackBerry Hub + Inbox. I downgraded the app to the version of November 21, 2019 downladed from the following link:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...-7078-release/

At least I am now able to send and receive emails again through the app.
What exactly happens if you Un- and Reinstalling the BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox app?

Do you also lose your e-mail configuration settings and data that were previously stored + saved in too?

Posted via CB10

Jun 04 2020 | 6:55 am EDT conite

To make sure if I understand your explanation correctly:

I don't use BlackBerry Notes and Task but I do use Outlook/Hotmail Exchange personal e-mailaccounts.

So if I only uninstall BlackBerry Hub - Services, will I be able to keep my email (hotmail) addresses and settings in tact which were set before by myself years ago?

Posted via CB10
I think you'll be fine, but what choice do you have?

Jun 04 2020 | 7:09 am EDT Ginowine

I think you'll be fine, but what choice do you have?
Well, at first with my Priv. I can't send and received any e-mails through BB Hub+ Inbox in the beginning recently after the newest BlackBerry updates that were pushed days ago..

So I've followed your instruction as you stated, but the thing now is, is that all of my current e-mail configuration settings and e-mail account completely has (lost) wiped out and I have to re-adding them again.

I find it strange.

Posted via CB10

Jun 04 2020 | 7:47 am EDT vcmh

This has been reported to Google by lots of users already. Hopefully they will fix whatever bug they created with the latest update.

So, when the app crashes and you get the message Inbox stopped working, tap on Report.

Jun 04 2020 | 7:48 am EDT vcmh

Yesterday I had various BB app updates which broke a few things, including the Inbox App, which no longer allows sending of email and possibly other problems not yet noticed.
Priv on VodafoneUK
Same here! Glad this time it's not my outdated phone, lol!

Jun 04 2020 | 8:09 am EDT lottie79

Same. I have a priv and since yesterday my inbox is not functioning at all. Must be the new Hub update. I really hope they fix this soon.

Jun 04 2020 | 11:30 am EDT conite

Same. I have a priv and since yesterday my inbox is not functioning at all. Must be the new Hub update. I really hope they fix this soon.
Follow the instructions in post# 6 to fix the issue.

Jun 04 2020 | 6:42 pm EDT coffee-turtle

There was an update to BlackBerry Services and BlackBerry Inbox today. Wonder if this might resolve the issues previously mentioned?

Jun 04 2020 | 6:57 pm EDT conite

There was an update to BlackBerry Services and BlackBerry Inbox today. Wonder if this might resolve the issues previously mentioned?
It seems fixed today, yes.

Jun 05 2020 | 8:49 am EDT Gajja

It seems fixed today, yes.
Yes I also very much appreciated the quick re-issue of the revised updates, they seem to have fixed my Priv, after a bit of re-loading of email accounts.

Jun 05 2020 | 8:57 am EDT Dunt Dunt Dunt

A case of the beta not getting enough testing and feedback? Clearly it wasn't working anyway, so not much reason for the program.

Jun 05 2020 | 8:59 am EDT conite

A case of the beta not getting enough testing and feedback? Clearly it wasn't working anyway, so not much reason for the program.
I think they're pretty much just calling it in at this point.

Jun 05 2020 | 10:30 am EDT conite

are updates working on Key 2?
Yes.