I was a longtime BlackBerry user and I loved my BB devices. then several years ago I jumped over to Android then to iOS two years ago ( a waste of 2 years). I'm back on Android using the Pixel 2 XL. I wanted to be able to get pure Android and updates. That's one thing I liked about Apple. I have my Pixel 2 XL for a week now and I'm not very impressed with the $1000. 00 phone.

Always thought the BB security was by far the best and wonder if it still is.

now that BB has Android I'm looking for advice as to which device is the best right now. I use it mostly for work: email, Evernote, Dropbox, MS OneDrive, Excel, Google maps. For personal use: banking apps, iHeart radio, various medical and shopping apps. A great camera is not important since most of the pictures I take are for work or if personal they get posted to Facebook or Twitter.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
    Ed
    11-02-17 08:09 AM
    I left BB after the Priv and have had many BB devices and then after the Priv Note 5, LG V20 and now back to the Black KeyOne 4/64 unlocked version. What a true beauty and love the PKB and yet you can bring up the VKB also if you want.

I use for work and have 4 email accounts and some twitter and google maps and banking etc.

I would go for the beefy internals of the 4gig of Ram and 64 gig storage the 3 gig ram is just not enough imho

The screen is great the camera is really good sound quality is pretty darn good and overall is perfect phone for the money mine was $598 off ebay. I have had mine for a week and a day and the battery is amazing 30 plus house and still had 23% it should be illegal, right!

Take the plung and grab the Keyone or the Motion
    11-02-17 08:43 AM
    KEYone (PKB) or Motion (VKB). Don't bother looking backwards..... If available in your market, go 4/64, however don't let it be a deal breaker unless you're a real super heavy user.
    11-02-17 08:48 AM
    I was a longtime BlackBerry user and I loved my BB devices. then several years ago I jumped over to Android then to iOS two years ago ( a waste of 2 years). I'm back on Android using the Pixel 2 XL. I wanted to be able to get pure Android and updates. That's one thing I liked about Apple. I have my Pixel 2 XL for a week now and I'm not very impressed with the $1000. 00 phone.

Always thought the BB security was by far the best and wonder if it still is.

now that BB has Android I'm looking for advice as to which device is the best right now. I use it mostly for work: email, Evernote, Dropbox, MS OneDrive, Excel, Google maps. For personal use: banking apps, iHeart radio, various medical and shopping apps. A great camera is not important since most of the pictures I take are for work or if personal they get posted to Facebook or Twitter.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
    Ed
    Comes to your preference of the PKB vs VKB
    If you want the VKB then wait for the Motion. Otherwise definitely the KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 08:48 AM
    Thank you all for the responses. I loved the PKB but the screen is too small for me after the 5.5"+ I've been using. Motion looks like a nice device other than the 32gb of memory. I know the BBOS was great at managing the size of the OS itself and apps weren't that large. On my Pixel 2XL the system is using 11gb right out of the box. I think all new devices should come with a minimum of 64gb.
    11-02-17 09:51 AM
    Thank you all for the responses. I loved the PKB but the screen is too small for me after the 5.5"+ I've been using. Motion looks like a nice device other than the 32gb of memory. I know the BBOS was great at managing the size of the OS itself and apps weren't that large. On my Pixel 2XL the system is using 11gb right out of the box. I think all new devices should come with a minimum of 64gb.
    But it supports and SD card.
    And you don't have to spend a ton of money for extra memory!

Posted via CB10
    glwerry likes this.
    11-02-17 10:20 AM
    SD cards are cheap and you an get as much storage as you want
    glwerry likes this.
    11-02-17 10:26 AM
    SD cards are cheap and you an get as much storage as you want
    Many apps will not run on an SD card. Even those that do tend to slow down a phone. After seven years on Android I have found SD cards are great for media, but terrible for applications.

One point the OP needs to understand - current BlackBerry Android phones are mid level phones. They are not high end phones like the 2 XL.
    11-03-17 12:29 AM
    Many apps will not run on an SD card. Even those that do tend to slow down a phone. After seven years on Android I have found SD cards are great for media, but terrible for applications.

One point the OP needs to understand - current BlackBerry Android phones are mid level phones. They are not high end phones like the 2 XL.
    Some OEMs won't allow the apps to be moved from device to SD card period. LG hasn't allowed setting up SD cards in devices for adoptable storage. (As of 2016)
    11-03-17 07:45 AM
    Some OEMs won't allow the apps to be moved from device to SD card period. LG hasn't allowed setting up SD cards in devices for adoptable storage. (As of 2016)
    I personally would not setup an SD card as adoptable storage. From what I understand using adoptable storage really slows down the phone. In the past I have had problems with SD card corruption, once I stopped moving apps to the SD card I have not had any more problems.
    11-03-17 12:26 PM
    Don't do that! You won't get your security- updates! They only take your money!
    11-03-17 12:36 PM
    I personally would not setup an SD card as adoptable storage. From what I understand using adoptable storage really slows down the phone. In the past I have had problems with SD card corruption, once I stopped moving apps to the SD card I have not had any more problems.
    Agreed..
    11-04-17 05:19 PM