I've been through blackberry world trying to find a decent video player so I can watch the films I have on my SD card,my phone plays,some although not others even though there in avi format,any ideas? I've found one called good player but it's an android port and requires to much access to my phone to make it worthwhile,your help would be much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:43 AM
    I don't see what an android app would have to offer over the native player....all you vids are in avi format? you sure? you didn't save them from different locations and they aren't avi?
    04-13-15 01:11 PM
    No I converted them myself to avi straight from original dvds,ive played them before on other devices but now only half or less are playing on my BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 02:31 PM
    The android app will play all the avi files,but like the vast majority of android apps it requires access to everything basically something I'm not prepared to do,i,ll keep looking I'm loath to buy an app I know that sounds stingy but if it doesn't work its money out of my pocket,i would love to be able to watch the films on my z10 I might have to try and convert them into a different format and try again.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 02:52 PM
    Get VLC for Android through Snap or the Google Play store, if you have either or both of those installed. If not, you can just do a google search from your phone for an APK. It will any file type, and works well on BB10 phones.
    Last edited by BB_ForMe; 04-15-15 at 08:38 PM.
    04-13-15 02:53 PM