When they get my BBM Pin what do they receive and see?
    09-09-16 08:06 AM
    Your name and your pin
    09-09-16 08:25 AM
    They see only your PIN, your BBM nickname, and whatever image "avatar" you have on your BBM profile.
    They will have to add your PIN to their BBM to see above, which will prompt you to allow or not allow. Also, when you allow, you will get their PIN added to your BBM. If you do not allow, they will not be able to see or message you and vice versa.
    If at any time you wish to remove or block them, just delete their PIN from your BBM and it will also delete your PIN from theirs.
    09-09-16 08:27 AM
    And thats why I love BBM

Posted via Priv
    09-09-16 09:04 AM
    Agreed. That is the good thing about BBM. So whatever you share with your contacts, that is what they will see. So if you use a fake name (i.e. nickname) then they will see that. If you have your pic as an avatar, they will also see that.

If you want to keep your name and avatar private, I think you can share your respective PINs, but don't accept them as a contact. You can still BBM with them. I think that was one of the new features added to BBM. You could message folks outside of your contacts (e.g. if you know their PIN or the email they use to register) but they would not see your details until you accept them as a contact. It happened with a friend of mine. She got upset and deleted all of her friends. But because I had her PIN, I could still BBM her, but I wouldn't see her name and avatar.

Hope that helps.
    09-09-16 09:23 AM