I see that these phones come with Nougat. Will there be a downloadable upgrade for OREO when it comes out, and roughly how long until it becomes available? I see it is already on the new Samsung Galaxy devices.

Do you understand OREO to be much better than Nougat? Thanks.
    05-02-18 06:17 PM
    Read the posts, your answers are there. Timing is debatable but there has been nor formal timing announcement.

https://crackberry.com/blackberry-ke...e-android-oreo
    https://crackberry.com/heres-what-ke...t-android-oreo
    05-02-18 06:25 PM
    When they become available on BB Android Keyone/Motion devices is the issue. The problem is no one knows when that is. Speculation is that once TCL announces their next BB licensed phone which will have Oreo, then they will set the wheels turning on a date for releasing Oreo on Keyone and Motion. It makes sense on marketing to have the newest OS first on their next device. There aren't any apps that require Oreo to run.

Oreo has better notification handling and a neat picture-in-picture feature. That and some other smaller improvements would be the reason to want to upgrade.
    05-02-18 06:26 PM
    When they become available on BB Android Keyone/Motion devices is the issue. The problem is no one knows when that is. Speculation is that once TCL announces their next BB licensed phone which will have Oreo, then they will set the wheels turning on a date for releasing Oreo on Keyone and Motion. It makes sense on marketing to have the newest OS first on their next device. There aren't any apps that require Oreo to run.

Oreo has better notification handling and a neat picture-in-picture feature. That and some other smaller improvements would be the reason to want to upgrade.
    Will Oreo take away the horrendous orange status bar when on power saving mode? Or is that only in Android P?
    05-03-18 08:27 AM
    I have Oreo on my Note 8 and S8+ and to be honest it's not any better then Nougat. I use Nova Launcher on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion and it's the same thing to me.
    05-03-18 01:29 PM
    I have Oreo on my Note 8 and S8+ and to be honest it's not any better then Nougat. I use Nova Launcher on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion and it's the same thing to me.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0bb8493d20.jpg
    Time to check some of those messages...
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-03-18 02:45 PM
    Will Oreo take away the horrendous orange status bar when on power saving mode? Or is that only in Android P?
    No idea on the KeyOne/Motion Oreo version but the orange bar still exists for Oreo on Pixel.
    05-03-18 02:46 PM
    Time to check some of those messages...
    . True lol
    05-03-18 04:30 PM
    No idea on the KeyOne/Motion Oreo version but the orange bar still exists for Oreo on Pixel.
    Noooooo
    05-03-18 05:06 PM
    Noooooo
    Google wants a persistent reminder so that people realize when something doesn't work or update as fast on battery saver mode. but I'd prefer it to be a persistent notification instead. We'll see what happens on final build of P.
    05-03-18 05:44 PM