My friend has a Z30, and BBM needs to be update. however, he seems to have no BBID, and cant ever remember signing up for one - even though he has access to BBM etc, and the phone is not associated with any account, i.e. under blackberry account under settings he hasn't signed in. My question is, if he signs up for a new account, will it delete his existing BBM contacts, and give him a new Pin, or will it just associate his current BBM pin and username with that account?

thanks for any help!
    08-15-16 08:25 AM
    He will need to remember his BBID. It's that simple.

In order to change a BBID, you need to first turn off BlackBerry Protect. To be able to turn off BlackBerry Protect, you need the existing BBID.

Go to settings, BlackBerry ID. You will see your BBID user name. Now he would just need to remember the password.

You can also recover passwords online.
    08-15-16 08:28 AM
    okay - but we have tried that with as many different email addresses as he can remember - but it seems as if he has NEVER signer up for an account. my question was if he now signs up for his first account, will it change anything on his phone (mainly BBM pin etc)
    08-15-16 08:36 AM
    okay - but we have tried that with as many different email addresses as he can remember - but it seems as if he has NEVER signer up for an account. my question was if he now signs up for his first account, will it change anything on his phone (mainly BBM pin etc)
    It won't change his pin. But he will lose all his contacts. In bbm that is
    08-15-16 08:50 AM
    You can't use BBM on a BB10 device without a BBID.

Do you not see a user name listed under settings, Blackberry ID?
    08-15-16 08:54 AM
    thanks jaydee5799 -
    conite - that's what i thought! i was a bit puzzled. and no, when i click settings > blackberry ID it asks him to sign in/create a id... he got the device about 2 years ago, if that makes any difference...
    08-15-16 10:31 AM
    Maybe a quick call to BlackBerry might help to be absolutely sure.

The danger in creating a new BBID is that you will be locked out of the device after a security wipe if anti-theft is associated with a prior BBID.
    08-15-16 10:34 AM
    There is a way ....
    I never tried, you can try at your own risk.
    Firstly protect your device with PIN .
    LOCK YOUR DEVICE.
    enter wrong pin continously after 5 times enter blackberry, then again enter wrong pin upto 10 times after 10 times your phone will automatically erased , may be then you can enter fresh BlackBerry ID.
    GOOD LUCK.
    08-15-16 12:01 PM
    Have your friend open BlackBerry World then go top Settings>Payment Options. He may get prompted for his BBID password there, with the BBID filled in.
    08-15-16 12:03 PM
    There is a way ....
    I never tried, you can try at your own risk.
    Firstly protect your device with PIN .
    LOCK YOUR DEVICE.
    enter wrong pin continously after 5 times enter blackberry, then again enter wrong pin upto 10 times after 10 times your phone will automatically erased , may be then you can enter fresh BlackBerry ID.
    GOOD LUCK.
    This is NOT wise. If BlackBerry anti-theft is active, you will have a brick.
    08-15-16 12:07 PM
    This is NOT wise. If BlackBerry anti-theft is active, you will have a brick.
    He/she doesn't described that BlackBerry Protect is active.
    08-15-16 12:09 PM
    He/she doesn't described that BlackBerry Protect is active.
    It remains unclear to me. If you're wrong, the device is destroyed.
    08-15-16 12:14 PM
    It remains unclear to me. If you're wrong, the device is destroyed.
    I already defined that try at own risk.
    08-15-16 12:42 PM
    Hey , see the OP AGAIN.
    He/she asking about sign up new BlackBerry id , he don't have BlackBerry id logged in , in BlackBerry device.
    08-15-16 12:46 PM
    Hey , see the OP AGAIN.
    He/she asking about sign up new BlackBerry id , he don't have BlackBerry id logged in , in BlackBerry device.
    Yes, but the fact that he is sending and receiving BBMs on a BB10 device would indicate that he does, in fact, have a BBID.
    raino likes this.
    08-15-16 12:52 PM
    Yes, but the fact that he is sending and receiving BBMs on a BB10 device would indicate that he does, in fact, have a BBID.
    OP poster must define some more details, these detail is not enough.
    08-15-16 08:53 PM