Why wouldn't they just officially say there are no more BB10 phones coming? Then "we who wait" can just move on and get the Android phones. I'd buy a Key1 today if I knew there was no more BB10 coming - for sure. But I'd hate to buy one then have a BB10 come out 6 months later.

I just don't understand the logic behind the silence.

Or maybe I just missed it
    06-29-17 12:22 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is EOL. There is more likelihood of a new Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile phone coming out than another BB10 phone.

They have essentially said so by no longer making them, using Android, and reducing BB10 updates to a trickle of bugfixes. It doesn't need to be said. Although I'm pretty sure announcing BB10's EOL date is as blatant as it gets.

If a new BlackBerry 10 phone comes out in six months and you've moved on like I'm suggesting, I will buy you that phone. This is a serious bet to emphasize the certainty of the situation.

BlackBerry doesn't even make phones, having outsourced much of the hardware to TCL. And if I were them, I wouldn't take the risk of making a BB10 phone.

I gotta admire your hope, I see it on Windows Central too, it ain't coming back.
    06-29-17 01:03 AM
    Yeah get all that, and I will definitely take you up on the phone offer, if it happens to exist.

I'm wondering more though about why they don't just explicitly say it? What is the business reason behind dragging it out?
    06-29-17 02:03 AM
    Because actions speak louder than words.
    xandros9 and anon(9188202) like this.
    06-29-17 03:56 AM
    Even BlackBerry Passport phones could be used as Track Ballasts under the railway tracks post BlackBerry 10 OS EOL!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 04:05 AM
    Yeah get all that, and I will definitely take you up on the phone offer, if it happens to exist.

I'm wondering more though about why they don't just explicitly say it? What is the business reason behind dragging it out?
    Well BlackBerry isn't exactly the epitome of good communication to begin with.

And I think either they didn't feel the need to scream explicitly (as it's not that ambiguous) or they want to let down the last holdouts gracefully or let them connect the dots. The winding down of BB10 is more clear than MS's Windows 10 Mobile stumblings.
    06-29-17 09:43 AM
    You missed it. BlackBerry announced their exit from hardware sales and pivot to becoming a software company last year.

‘What took you so long?’: BlackBerry CEO explains exit from hardware business, future as software company | Financial Post
    06-29-17 12:47 PM

Not sure what they have to say. BlackBerry left the hardware business at the end of September 2016. In Dec. BlackBerry signed an agreement with TCL giving the exclusive right to sell BlackBerry phones in most of the world. TCL has stated they will only be selling BlackBerry Android phones. TCL formed BlackBerry Mobile and they now sell BlackBerry phones. BlackBerry limited in now just an enterprise software company.

Who would sell a BB10 phone?
    07-03-17 11:53 PM
    You missed it. BlackBerry announced their exit from hardware sales and pivot to becoming a software company last year.

‘What took you so long?’: BlackBerry CEO explains exit from hardware business, future as software company | Financial Post
    BB10 is SOFTWARE. Existing hardware manufacturing isn't the same as announcing that they officially EOL'd BB10. Especially since their secure Android clearly is alive an well. Just because they don't make the hardware doesn't mean that's the end of software. With that said, clearly things don't look good for BB10 but that isn't because they don't manufacture devices anymore. They hadn't done that themselves in a long time anyways. It's EOL because it didn't catch on. They and some licensees clearly still think there is a place for their software though. Just doesn't happen to be BB10.
    07-04-17 12:20 AM
    I would guess that they're trying to protect themselves from anyone or any organization that they sold BB10 devices to as new and supported within the past year. Which was clearly not true.

Other than that, I don't know why they wouldn't just say it's over when it clearly is. I suppose they make a few thousand a month from BlackBerry World app sales and they don't want to give that up. Otherwise, there is zero revenue associated with BB10 at this point.

How funny is it that after 4.5 years of BB10, they're still making more money from legacy devices up to OS7 and BIS fees?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 12:41 AM

They have essentially said so by no longer making them, using Android, and reducing BB10 updates to a trickle of bugfixes. It doesn't need to be said. Although I'm pretty sure announcing BB10's EOL date is as blatant as it gets.
    We've not even getting a "trickle". 10.3.3.2205 came out near the end of January, and that's all we've gotten ever since.

Joel
    07-04-17 01:38 AM
    I am thinking of buying a BlackBerry Classic for my Dad for routine use like a feature phone.

How many years can we expect the BlackBerry Classic to work after EOL!

Uses camera, images, videos and Music!

Pls suggest me whether to buy it or not.

I preferred BlackBerry Classic as it is having Call Answer & End Button, Home button which will be handy to my dad who can not use Android or ios or Windows!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 03:32 AM
    I think kevin or other chief must close crackberry in future because it would be android forum, users can go to Android central for discussion about keyone or other bbandroid because they are android! Eol bbos and phones is a bad part for cb,
    Crackberry for Android is so Frustrating.
    We need bbos for future here really
    . BlackBerry limited in now just an enterprise software company.
    Yes and they will force us to leave crackberry :/
    Kevin should build another forum for enterprise blackberry not phone and os :/
    07-04-17 04:44 AM
    I think kevin or other chief must close crackberry in future because it would be android forum, users can go to Android central for discussion about keyone or other bbandroid because they are android! Eol bbos and phones is a bad part for cb,
    Crackberry for Android is so Frustrating.
    We need bbos for future here really

Yes and they will force us to leave crackberry :/
    Kevin should build another forum for enterprise blackberry not phone and os :/
    Don't worry CrackBerry is fine as is.
    07-04-17 06:42 AM
    Don't worry CrackBerry is fine as is.
    I amnot worry
    you arent a bbos fan to understand me

Bb is now a enterprise company
    Is it important for us that use bbphone, android or bb10?yes its

We just want bb continue in mobile so we can discuss about our favorite brand in cb ....
    I said about cb a joke but
    My mean is
    Cb will become a android forum and its not a honor that everyone is here want it
    Really who?
    07-04-17 08:06 AM
    CrackBerry will evolve and continue even without BBOS and BB10. Members come here to discuss BlackBerry of all kinds including BBOS and BB10 as well as BB Android.

I've used and owned BlackBerry devices since 2001 so, yes I'm a fan, just a realistic fan.
    07-04-17 08:21 AM
    BB10 is SOFTWARE. Existing hardware manufacturing isn't the same as announcing that they officially EOL'd BB10. Especially since their secure Android clearly is alive an well. Just because they don't make the hardware doesn't mean that's the end of software. With that said, clearly things don't look good for BB10 but that isn't because they don't manufacture devices anymore. They hadn't done that themselves in a long time anyways. It's EOL because it didn't catch on. They and some licensees clearly still think there is a place for their software though. Just doesn't happen to be BB10.
    BlackBerry is producing software in order to have profits. It is obvious that updating BB10 SOFTWARE would result in zero profits. If they cannot monetize it, it does make business sense to let it languish as it is.
    07-04-17 01:02 PM
    The only way BB10 will continue is if some consortium came to them with a sufficiently insane pile of money to licence it. Chances of that: 0.000003%.
    07-04-17 01:09 PM
    Chances of that: 0.000003%.
    If BB10 is dead, why not just say so?-giphy.jpg
    07-04-17 01:26 PM
    Chances of that: 0.000003%.
    As Han would say...

07-04-17 01:34 PM