So im done with iphone and would like to buy an silver passport today. Im scared ill buy it and passport 2 will come out. Also, when BB discontinues their bb10 and makes the switch to android what will happen to everyone who is using a bb passport? will they get an auto update or will they have to buy a new phone completely?

thanks!
    09-04-16 10:51 AM
    You probably aren't gonna get much more on the passport than is already there. I would be shocked to see a passport 2 ever. Bb10 is what is right now and the switch to android is already done in my opinion even if BlackBerry won't admit it yet. I liked my z30 and bb10 up to the point that it fails to open a lot of Web content now. Don't have lots of apps so you need a good browser. That was fine with me as long as the browser worked well. If all you mainly need to do at this point is email, text and phone calls then you will be fine. The passport will continue to do those things for quite awhile id have to say. Rumor is BlackBerry will be coming out with an android pkb phone soon. It's bigger than the classic but smaller than the passport. Unless you just hate android and you want a pkb available, I recommend the priv. It's been a good replaces to my z30. Only thing that would make it better is having an up to date bb10 on it. I miss the external speakers on the z30 as well but other than that Ive gained software that is up to date and a pkb I didn't know if I'd like or not but it turns out I like it a lot

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    09-04-16 11:08 AM
    I think you are making a mistake if you depend on and use many apps. The support for apps is getting worse by the month. If you are an email, phone call, texting person then maybe get one. The Passport is nearly 2 years old now. Still works great as a communication device sans some messaging apps. It is HIGHLY unlikely that we will see a Passport 2 and there will almost certainly be NO auto update to android for existing Passport users. What you see right now is what you will get. I always look at a device with the perspective can it get me through at least 2 years, and the Passport has done that beautifully (for ME). After that point (sometime in October for me) I will probably begin my search for a new device and I won't rule out ANY device. I love BB10 and it works great for me, but then I use very few apps. That is the key-APPS--if you can't do without them, I would look elsewhere.
    09-04-16 11:11 AM
    I liked my z30 and bb10 up to the point that it fails to open a lot of Web content now.
    I am still NOT experiencing this -- I know that others are, and it would always be welcome to see a browser update, but I am still fairly content with the stock browser. I guess I don't visit the same web sites that others do. There is no doubt that the browser will eventually fail for me (if no improvements are forthcoming) but I still find it good.
    09-04-16 11:15 AM
    I use think or swim, xbox smart glass, kik messenger, whatsapp, chase mobile app, destiny app, paypal, group me and robinhood will these be support with the passport?
    09-04-16 11:19 AM
    Blackberry Passport 2: Physical Keyboard Coming To Android? ? NSEAVoice

also check this out might as well wait for passport 2 lol
    09-04-16 11:21 AM
    I use think or swim, xbox smart glass, kik messenger, whatsapp, chase mobile app, destiny app, paypal, group me and robinhood will these be support with the passport?
    You can look these up yourself, but keep in mind when you do that the Android runtime is locked at 4.3 and any apps that require 4.4 or better will not work or have serious issues.
    09-04-16 11:55 AM
    In your order (as far as I know): NO, Yes (from Google Play works with android 4.0+ ), Yes (with limitations on the notifications), Yes (for now but after Dec 31 maybe not unless android app works), Yes (also with limitations through Google Play), Destiny (do not know but there is NO native app), Yes (android app works ok but website mobile app desktop shortcut is better), Group Me (don't know but NO native app), Robin Hood (also don't know).

So given this list, I would NOT recommend the Passport-just too many potential problems.
    09-04-16 11:55 AM
    I am still NOT experiencing this -- I know that others are, and it would always be welcome to see a browser update, but I am still fairly content with the stock browser. I guess I don't visit the same web sites that others do. There is no doubt that the browser will eventually fail for me (if no improvements are forthcoming) but I still find it good.
    My main issue or the one that did it for me was a website I subscribe to for workouts. It used to work great. Used my phone to access, track and watch video demos for my workouts. When the text stopped rendering correctly and the videos ceased to work even with browsie I gave up. Works beautifully on my priv by comparison. That wasn't the only site or time it happened but it was one I use a lot and that just wasn't good enough

brookie229 likes this.
    09-04-16 12:01 PM
    Blackberry Passport 2: Physical Keyboard Coming To Android? ? NSEAVoice

also check this out might as well wait for passport 2 lol
    Don't hold your breath for a Passport 2. That article doesn't quote any reputable source. It's an article based on rumours and wishes of a relatively small group of BlackBerry Passport fans. BlackBerry has mentioned 2 devices that are planned. Neither fit the description of the Passport.
    09-04-16 12:58 PM
    I would say no. I couldn't care less when the big deal was just FB or WhatsApp or another social media app ditching BB, but pretty soon the few apps i was using stopped getting updates or plainly stopped working. Even Google store apps have no future because the android runtime will never be updated on BB10.
    09-04-16 04:26 PM
    I have chase, destiny and PayPal on my passport, Chase and paypal work because theyre on the amazon appstore which comes with the passport. For destiny, I had to install Cobalt's patched Android programs to have the Google play store and all work for me to get it. I switched from iphone to my passport, and having had a lot of apps I used on iphone that weren't available on bbworld or amazon store, I was pretty bummed. Cobalt's programs however, have been a godsend and I have about 95% of the apps I had on iphone now working. Granted, they do run a little slower sometimes but that's expected as they aren't native. But I'm pretty sure most if not all of those apps you listed will work once you set up Cobalt's stuff. I would rather have slightly slower, non-native apps on my amazing passport, then have fully-functioning ones on my iphone, which I despise oh so much. I was on the iphone boat for four years, and I couldn't wait to return to blackberry, it's a wonderful device if you value typing accuracy, fluidity of motion in switching between windows and apps, and communication like phone, messaging, and emails. BB10 is invincible in these categories.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 06:04 PM
    My main issue or the one that did it for me was a website I subscribe to for workouts. It used to work great. Used my phone to access, track and watch video demos for my workouts. When the text stopped rendering correctly and the videos ceased to work even with browsie I gave up. Works beautifully on my priv by comparison. That wasn't the only site or time it happened but it was one I use a lot and that just wasn't good enough

That would be frustrating if you are used to using an app or Web site for working out. I work out fairly regularly but don't use any app or watch or tracker of any kind. I just think it more hassle than its worth. Just me though. When I go to work out I'm not into screwing around with any tech--just get to it haha. I understand though that some people like to motivate themselves through gadgets.
    09-04-16 07:20 PM
    So cobalt
    Is the best way to get the apps I want how
    Do I download it and what are the steps to get the apps ?
    09-05-16 11:55 AM
    So cobalt
    Is the best way to get the apps I want how
    Do I download it and what are the steps to get the apps ?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257

It's much easier if you pull up that link on a computer, it's a lot of words to read and steps to follow. Oh, and read everything and follow all steps just like he says and you'll have all the apps you want in no time!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 12:08 PM