Hi all, I am currently a Passport user. Things have been smooth and nice, until whatsapp starts to make some "dunno-if-I-should-call-it-stupid-or-not" move by announcing that their application will not be available after the end of June 2017/

To make things short, I want to ask about, which of the phones below should I get and why do you think it is good?
    - Blackberry DTEK 60 (I love the specs)
    - Blackberry KeyOne (I love the physical keypad, but from what I read the specs is lower than DTEK 60?)
    - Blackberry Priv (I am still confused about the comparison with KeyOne, is some of the specs in Priv still superior compared to KeyOne considering the price?)
    - Wait for another few months (Maybe something like DTEK 70 will come out with physical keypad?)

Please help, I am still not ready to give up on Blackberry yet, because of the convenience in doing business, the Blackberry Hub, and the security they provided >.<

Best regards,
    Tanaka
    Indonesia
    04-19-17 11:23 AM
    The KEY to your answer is the KEYone.
    tanakamd likes this.
    04-19-17 11:33 AM
    What's really more important to you SPECS or a Physical Keyboard.

Convenience of doing business - doesn't sound like it's going to be convenient to buy TCL made BlackBerries in Indonesia. Has something changed?
    HUB+ is available on most Android phones. (less gestures and DTEK app)
    "Security they provided" what is that to you?

If buying the KEYone or future TCL made phones will be easy for your and support and warranty aren't going to be an issue... I'd wait and see how the DTEK60 and the KEYone get compared. Not sure I'd wait on the next TCL phone.. as that could be a while and I'd really expect more of a companion device for the KEYone for enterprise, than a full fledged Flagship.

I assume the Aurora didn't impress you due to the specs... but do you have a feel for how it's doing there?
    tanakamd likes this.
    04-19-17 11:44 AM
    After Passports great keyboard you definitely need an improved keyboard...and that is the KEYᴼᴺᴱ! No doubts
    tanakamd likes this.
    04-19-17 12:27 PM
    TBT I prefer a Physical Keyboard Blackberry, because that is what made a Blackberry a Blackberry >.<

Yeah, TCL made Blackberry is only sold by some online shop in Indonesia (It is hard to find a DTEK50 or 60 in the retail stores).

So I think it is more wiser to think that the KEYOne is the upgraded version of Priv? But from some of the specs, I found that KEYOne is inferior to the Priv. Like the processor and camera (CMIIW)? Or do they make it that way so KEYOne had a longer battery life?

And let's say that DTEK 60 is on another level, because it is more a high-performance phone?

Dunno with other people, but for me, a non Physical Keyboard Blackberry with that kind of specs just does not feel "right"

Best regards,
    Tanaka
    Indonesia
    04-19-17 01:24 PM
    I have a PRIV and the keyboard will likely be hard for you to adjust to after using a Passport. I came from a Classic and it's not quite as good as the Classic's keyboard.

I have read threads where people rant and rave about how the specs on the PRIV are not great - it is working well for me, although I don't use it for gaming.

The KeyOne is likely going to be more like the Passport in many ways, especially the keyboard. If you can afford it then you may want to go that way.
    Still, the PRIV is a very competent and likeable machine.
    tanakamd likes this.
    04-19-17 03:35 PM
    TBT I prefer a Physical Keyboard Blackberry, because that is what made a Blackberry a Blackberry >.<

Yeah, TCL made Blackberry is only sold by some online shop in Indonesia (It is hard to find a DTEK50 or 60 in the retail stores).

So I think it is more wiser to think that the KEYOne is the upgraded version of Priv? But from some of the specs, I found that KEYOne is inferior to the Priv. Like the processor and camera (CMIIW)? Or do they make it that way so KEYOne had a longer battery life?

And let's say that DTEK 60 is on another level, because it is more a high-performance phone?

Dunno with other people, but for me, a non Physical Keyboard Blackberry with that kind of specs just does not feel "right"

Best regards,
    Tanaka
    Indonesia
    Camera on the KEYone should be better than the PRIV.

Processor... probably not much of a difference in real world use between the PRIV and the KEYone.

I kinda agree that without the keyboard, it's going to be hard for a BlackBerry to stand out against all the other slabs. I wonder what PT BB Merah Putih might have planned for your market next.
    tanakamd likes this.
    04-19-17 03:53 PM
    I miss my Red Passport -especially the keyboard. Still getting used to the BB VKB on my Mate 9. I have installed all of BB apps, which has helped with the transition. I wanted the width of screen more than PKB.
    tanakamd likes this.
    04-19-17 03:55 PM
    Camera on the KEYone should be better than the PRIV.

Processor... probably not much of a difference in real world use between the PRIV and the KEYone.

I kinda agree that without the keyboard, it's going to be hard for a BlackBerry to stand out against all the other slabs. I wonder what PT BB Merah Putih might have planned for your market next.
    I think they wanted to target the lower middle class market segment (Maybe because they see how well XiaoMi has been doing so far).

I think I will need to wait for the availability of KEYone in my country then, haha.

I have made up my mind. For now, I will just go for KEYone. I will skip DTEK 60 and just get another flagship phones to complement my KEYone *grin*

Thanks for the help
    04-19-17 08:12 PM
    I have a PRIV and the keyboard will likely be hard for you to adjust to after using a Passport. I came from a Classic and it's not quite as good as the Classic's keyboard.

I have read threads where people rant and rave about how the specs on the PRIV are not great - it is working well for me, although I don't use it for gaming.

The KeyOne is likely going to be more like the Passport in many ways, especially the keyboard. If you can afford it then you may want to go that way.
    Still, the PRIV is a very competent and likeable machine.
    One thing unique about PRIV is the sliding keypad. So I think KEYone is still the preferable phone if we are considering the keypad.

Yeah, I agree with you on this, I never want to try gaming on a Blackberry phone, better get some android or ios for that kind of thing.
    04-19-17 08:20 PM
    After Passports great keyboard you definitely need an improved keyboard...and that is the KEYᴼᴺᴱ! No doubts
    Another vote for KEYone again
    04-19-17 08:21 PM
    Roger that, will get KEYone as soon as it is available in the Indonesian online market.
    04-19-17 08:23 PM
    One thing unique about PRIV is the sliding keypad. So I think KEYone is still the preferable phone if we are considering the keypad.

Yeah, I agree with you on this, I never want to try gaming on a Blackberry phone, better get some android or ios for that kind of thing.
    Regarding gaming, keep in mind that the PRIV IS Android, so there are many games available (I assume).
    04-20-17 09:18 AM
    Keyone would be the choice.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-17 09:24 AM