Instead of the "splat" you can use the priority HUB to add a rule to provide a level 1 alert which will override your current notification settings.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:31 PM
    If it makes you feel any better I don't particularly care for the hub either but I deal with it just because I refuse to go to any other brand of phone. Gots to have ma keyboard dawg!!
    09-29-14 06:39 PM
    I'm not going to run down the OP; people get used to working a certain way and sometimes it's hard to understand why you should have to change to accommodate a device.

In the OP's place, I'd simply set all the accounts to "Show as separate account", and then they'll only be seen in the "background" view and the messages won't be visible in the main Hub folder.

That doesn't give you the same thing as individual email icons, but perhaps using a utility like BeBuzz or Hub++ can provide different color lights for different accounts.
    Thanks, Thunderbuck. I've tried playing around with which accounts show up on the Hub, and that hasn't worked for me either -- and as I've posted above, LED color distinctions are gonna be largely lost on my color-vision-challenged retinas. But you've hit on one of my pet peeves regarding product design and marketing when you say "sometimes it's hard to understand why you should have to change to accommodate a device." I hate it when a product is changed in such a way that a previously supported feature is lost. this amounts to taking something away from your customer base that you've gotten them used to, and I think it's always a bad idea, be it Coke II, Burger King fries, or the BB10 Hub.
    09-29-14 06:44 PM
    The only thing I could tell you since the hub isn't going anywhere is to go into the settings and put each of those accounts in their own separate account and not in both so you have to go each one. The text msg icon is still there so there's that.
    I have seven e-mail accounts (work, 3 personal, 2 Non Profit, and tech subscription) on my Q, and this is exactly what I did. This seems to work fine for me.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 Waiting for my Passport
    09-29-14 06:51 PM
    I don't understand why you would want it separate?
    09-29-14 07:08 PM
    I understand the Hub isn't what you want or need. But, I do feel if you try using it for a while, you might grow to like it and thus welcome its feature.
    09-29-14 07:18 PM
    Why on Earth would I want a workaround for the hub? It's fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    Gilda675 likes this.
    09-29-14 07:22 PM
    Are you the "Crackberry Guest" who made the OP?
    Yes. I didn't realize that I was posing the original question anonymously. Didn't think that could be done; never checked to see that I wasn't logged in. Just realized my anonymity when reading your post here.
    09-30-14 05:59 AM
    Hating the hub is a bit like an iPhone user hating iTunes. It's a core feature. If you don't like it, then the phone isn't for you. Get something that suits you better.

Posted via CB10
    anon(153966) likes this.
    09-30-14 06:02 AM
    Thanks, Thunderbuck. I've tried playing around with which accounts show up on the Hub, and that hasn't worked for me either -- and as I've posted above, LED color distinctions are gonna be largely lost on my color-vision-challenged retinas. But you've hit on one of my pet peeves regarding product design and marketing when you say "sometimes it's hard to understand why you should have to change to accommodate a device." I hate it when a product is changed in such a way that a previously supported feature is lost. this amounts to taking something away from your customer base that you've gotten them used to, and I think it's always a bad idea, be it Coke II, Burger King fries, or the BB10 Hub.
    It's a tough balance, and it relates to something called "The Innovator's Dilemma", which Apple is facing with a vengeance. Introduce a new, disruptive product, get millions of people using it, and then realize you're painted into a corner because if you change anything significant you end up alienating a good chunk of your customer base.

In BlackBerry's case, they were supposed to be able to run BBOS on QNX for a couple of years to smooth the transition (it was supposed to run on the PlayBook too, for that matter). Unfortunately, they had to abandon that plan and rush BB10 to market much sooner than intended.

I know this doesn't help you with your specific issue, but sometimes it's helpful for get some context. BB10 continues to develop, and hopefully we'll see the capabilities you are looking for further on.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:11 AM
    Use the priority hub so you only see what you want/need to see.
    09-30-14 11:15 AM
    Replies like this are a symptom of the problem with this place.

I have a Z10, and I hate it. I dislike the Hub. I hate the limited app environment and I really dislike the keyboard.

Everyone on this place will line up to tell that those are the best things about BB10. If so, that is sad.

I still use the Z10 because until last month our IT group forbade us from having any device other than a BB.

That restriction was lifted last month ( which should tell you something about the future of BB) and I have ordered a new device, which is not a BB.
    there's nothing wrong with this place, it's a blackberry fans site. If you don't like the features of the phone then you are free to leave the platform whenever. And the decisions of your IT department has nothing to say about the future of BlackBerry.

Posted on my snappy new passport!!
    09-30-14 11:22 AM
    I think the core of this problem is something I've been wanting since BB10 launched. I agree that I'd like to see discreet account notifications, but I don't necessarily think they need to be home screen icons (although the option for that should be there as well, like maybe a "Show on Home Screen" toggle switch in the account setup)

I want the lock screen to have discreet account icons so that I can tell which email account I just got a message on rather than simply that I have new email. I do miss my accounts having custom icons, and I wish that we could bring that part back. I think it would make more sense in the hub too if my Yahoo emails had the old Y!Envelope next to them instead of just a generic one.
    Banco likes this.
    09-30-14 11:29 AM
    It's a tough balance, and it relates to something called "The Innovator's Dilemma", which Apple is facing with a vengeance. Introduce a new, disruptive product, get millions of people using it, and then realize you're painted into a corner because if you change anything significant you end up alienating a good chunk of your customer base.

In BlackBerry's case, they were supposed to be able to run BBOS on QNX for a couple of years to smooth the transition (it was supposed to run on the PlayBook too, for that matter). Unfortunately, they had to abandon that plan and rush BB10 to market much sooner than intended.

I know this doesn't help you with your specific issue, but sometimes it's helpful for get some context. BB10 continues to develop, and hopefully we'll see the capabilities you are looking for further on.
    I doubt that the legacy processes/functionality I desire will ever be baked back in. That might be possible if we were talking about an upgrade to an older OS which lost some old features because they (initially) conflicted with some new features, but we're talking instead about a rip-and-replace with a completely new OS written by a completely different entity, and therefore having no history of implementing these features anywhere in the codestream.
    09-30-14 02:45 PM
39 12