I just sold a q10. The buyer got home and discovered the phone was locked because it was registered with Blackberry Protect, I hadn't realised so tried to sort the issue. I logged in to my account (which I didn't realise I had until now) and removed the device from the account, which implied would fix the issue. The buyer said it was still asking for the Id and password to be input in the phone. So I changed the password to something generic on the account and gave her the password, intending to change it again once she's sorted the phone out.

However I've just had an email stating the e-mail address for the account has been changed (buyer has changed the e-mail address).

I just concerned about what she now has access too?

No other phones were registered to the account but I'm unsure what that account is even for and whether it gives her access to anything of mine personally?

Thanks in advance.
    09-28-19 11:36 AM
    I just sold a q10. The buyer got home and discovered the phone was locked because it was registered with Blackberry Protect, I hadn't realised so tried to sort the issue. I logged in to my account (which I didn't realise I had until now) and removed the device from the account, which implied would fix the issue. The buyer said it was still asking for the Id and password to be input in the phone. So I changed the password to something generic on the account and gave her the password, intending to change it again once she's sorted the phone out.

However I've just had an email stating the e-mail address for the account has been changed (buyer has changed the e-mail address).

I just concerned about what she now has access too?

No other phones were registered to the account but I'm unsure what that account is even for and whether it gives her access to anything of mine personally?

Thanks in advance.
    If your Q10 was the only thing you ever used your BBID for, then the only other thing they would have access to is your BBM account.
    09-28-19 11:47 AM
    Thank you.

I still have a blackberry, I have a KeyOne now. I don't use BBM messenger any more is that what you mean?
    What can she 'do' with access to my BBM?
    Thanks
    09-28-19 11:55 AM
    Thank you.

I still have a blackberry, I have a KeyOne now. I don't use BBM messenger any more is that what you mean?
    What can she 'do' with access to my BBM?
    Thanks
    I just mean that if you had used BBM prior on your Q10, she would be able to keep using it and have access to whatever BBM contacts you had before.
    09-28-19 12:02 PM