So you’re saying that when installing Android version app on BB10 it’s not the same permission requests granted as when that same app installed on BBAndroid or Android device. It’s not the same privacy approvals?
    Assuming for the sake of argument that BBAndroid or Android are running 4.3 somehow, I'm saying that it's the same permissions requests granted (theoretically at least--I've not done this comparison directly but it's logical). However, since Android is inherently more vulnerable by its very nature than BB10, doing the same thing on both OSes will not have the same result in terms of vulnerability to malicious software.
    06-19-19 01:54 AM
    Let me see if I understand this correctly regarding sources. If you asked me for a citation for a factual statement I made, and I provide statements I myself have made in the past (thereby backing myself up with...myself), you would consider that acceptable?

Again, I'd just like this on record.
    "I'd like this on record" - who talks like this?

In any event, this is a simple number tally - which you can confirm yourself.
    06-19-19 04:28 AM
    "I'd like this on record" - who talks like this?

In any event, this is a simple number tally - which you can confirm yourself.
    I suspected you wouldn't actually answer the question, but thanks for confirming.

My question has no bearing on the accuracy of your self-quoted sources; I'm asking whether you consider those acceptable in all instances for all people or not.
    06-19-19 04:30 AM
    I suspected you wouldn't actually answer the question, but thanks for confirming.

My question has no bearing on the accuracy of your self-quoted sources; I'm asking whether you consider those acceptable in all instances for all people or not.
    I'm not just referencing a previous "statement". I provided spreadsheets representing hundreds on man-hours of work made over a period of almost a year - all verifiable.

So, yes - I would accept a similar effort as corroboration enough.
    eshropshire likes this.
    06-19-19 04:39 AM
    I'm not just referencing a previous "statement". I provided spreadsheets representing hundreds on man-hours of work made over a period of almost a year - all verifiable.

So, yes - I would accept a similar effort as corroboration enough.
    You quoted a thread that you started earlier in this thread when I asked for a citation.

As for your spreadsheets, you cite no actual sources allowing anyone to verify your data, just your results.

So for the record: if I were to cite a thread which I started and in which I backed my own statements up ("statements" referring to what was previously said in the original thread, not the one being quoted as evidence, since that apparently needs to be clarified) and create a spreadsheet with results, but no actual sources for my data, would you consider that acceptable corrorboration or no?
    06-19-19 04:43 AM
    You quoted a thread that you started earlier in this thread when I asked for a citation.

As for your spreadsheets, you cite no actual sources allowing anyone to verify your data, just your results.

So for the record: if I were to cite a thread which I started and in which I backed my own statements up ("statements" referring to what was previously said in the original thread, not the one being quoted as evidence, since that apparently needs to be clarified) and create a spreadsheet with results, but no actual sources for my data, would you consider that acceptable corrorboration or no?
    Conite has been wrong before.... mostly in that he trusts what BBMo says a little to much (Android Recommended - or how well BBMo is doing). But his technical wisdom is a treasure for CrackBerry - both BB10 and Android users.

I don't doubt his numbers... he has been keeping up with update releases for a long time. His sources are the update servers and polling those on a regular bases.... at this point the only verification would be with current data and moving forward. Not sure anyone else has bothering to collect any historical data on this.... I think most would want evidence that you have been putting in the effort all along to collect that data, or found a historical record for it. I personally have seen enough updated monthly spreadsheet to know Conite has put in a lot of effort to keep up with this info.
    06-19-19 09:13 AM
    Alright this has gone on long enough. Simple question was how to install a damn app instead there are 80 posts of off topic arguing.
    06-19-19 09:57 AM
82 ... 234