I need to install an android app on my Blackberry classic. This is the app ( it controls my Wi-Fi thermostat. ://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.honeywell.android.lyric&hl=en Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    01-28-18 08:33 PM
    I need to install an android app on my Blackberry classic. This is the app ( it controls my Wi-Fi thermostat. ://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.honeywell.android.lyric&hl=en Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    You can use : Play Store for BlackBerry | Install Google Play Store to BlackBerry 10 to have playstore installed on your phone. Remember that not all apps is gonna work.
    01-28-18 10:26 PM
    If you have trouble with the newest version you can check here for an older version: https://lyric.en.aptoide.com/versions
    01-28-18 10:38 PM
    Here is the unpatched apk to whitelist, and the patched apk to install:

https://app.box.com/s/mrf6ivxi7mieohkfwo2pcbkazpug30zc

https://app.box.com/s/cvd01oolbp5o3dgf4f0hrtawlx4v0zan

Here are the instructions to get set up to run apps like this that require Google Play Services (although you don't need to download and patch this app, as I have done it for you).

Cobalt's file share (download to PC and move files over to device):

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.

Install and register with 2.8.

Install Play Store v6 build2.

***Stop here if all you want is Play Store

Install Play Services v11.

Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)

Install Play Games v5 (if desired).

Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

***If an app requires Google Play Services, then:

Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).
    Whitelist unpatched app.
    Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-28-18 11:31 PM
    Hi
    I try to instal ING Bank but i cant.
    Please help
    BlacBerry Classic
    Tank you
    06-10-19 06:09 PM
    Hi
    Please help
    BlacBerry Classic
    Tank you
    That's because it requires an android 5.0 minimum for install. Your device will only install and run android 4.3 apps. All you can do at this point is use the bank's mobile web site. If the native browser does not work for this then you will have to use an android browser such as Kiwi. The other option, of course, is to get a newer android or iOS device.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-19 11:57 PM
    Hi
    Please help
    BlacBerry Classic
    Tank you
    Hey Daniel,

It's possible that we may not be able to find a version of this that will work, but can I ask what country/language you need the app in?
    06-11-19 08:52 PM
    Bank apps no longer work on BB10 devices.
    06-11-19 08:59 PM
    Bank apps no longer work on BB10 devices.
    That is indeed a possibility, but as we've seen before with Android apps that others claim no longer work on BB10 devices, sometimes you just have to find the right version--bank Android "security" standards notwithstanding.
    06-11-19 09:16 PM
    That is indeed a possibility, but as we've seen before with Android apps that others claim no longer work on BB10 devices, sometimes you just have to find the right version--bank Android "security" standards notwithstanding.
    Statements like these always make me cringe. It's financial information, I wouldn't trust it with anything less than the fully supported version and definitely not any software coming from a third party store.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-12-19 02:47 AM
    Hey Daniel,

It's possible that we may not be able to find a version of this that will work, but can I ask what country/language you need the app in?
    Hi
    Tank you

Belgium

I try and online bank (bunq) and dont work
    06-12-19 02:56 AM
    Statements like these always make me cringe. It's financial information, I wouldn't trust it with anything less than the fully supported version and definitely not any software coming from a third party store.
    BlackBerry users have never shied away from very risky practices, to not pay for apps or just to get the apps that they want... I hope as they transition to other platforms that they don't bring those with them.
    06-12-19 07:44 AM
    Sup Trumpet?

Doesn’t using the less secure methods of access self defeat the purpose of using BB10 for it's better perceived security? Asking for a friend...
    06-12-19 07:57 AM
    Asking for a friend...
    Thanks bud.
    06-12-19 10:37 AM
    Thanks bud.
    Anytime..... inquiring minds and such..
    06-12-19 07:37 PM
    You are welcome to whatever practices you wish. Given the number of Android apps that steal one's data, I would not trust that platform with any banking data whatsoever, but to each their own.
    06-12-19 10:07 PM
    Thanks bud.
    You're always free to ask directly conite. I won't bite....well, not first at least.
    06-12-19 10:09 PM
    Sup Trumpet?

Doesn’t using the less secure methods of access self defeat the purpose of using BB10 for it's better perceived security? Asking for a friend...
    Hey Chuck!

That's a valid question. The answer is that the QNX permissions sandboxing of BB10 as applied to the Android runtime prevents many of the security problems with Android from being technically possible on BB10, regardless of whether one thinks they are probable or not. Furthermore, I would argue that using older apps is not inherently less secure--it depends on what security enhancements have been made to the app and most importantly on the back end.

In other words, if you are using an inherently insecure platform, or if your bank's infrastructure is insecure, the version of the app you're using has no bearing on security. Additionally, even if you do somehow install a compromised banking app on your BB10 device, it won't be able to do anything with your data outside of the Android runtime.

Now, could you give the app permissions to access your contacts and calendar and e-mail and could they then be sent off to third parties? Sure. But that's a matter of user choice, not an inherent problem to using the older app.
    06-12-19 10:13 PM
    BlackBerry users have never shied away from very risky practices, to not pay for apps or just to get the apps that they want... I hope as they transition to other platforms that they don't bring those with them.
    I don't think you have to worry DDD--the users of those other platforms have far riskier practices than BB10 users could ever conceive of having.
    06-12-19 10:14 PM
    Hi
    Tank you

Belgium

I try and online bank (bunq) and dont work
    Going to need some clarification here Daniel. It looks like Bunq is entirely separate from ING. Which app are you wanting to load, and what language would you like it to be in?
    06-12-19 10:47 PM
    Going to need some clarification here Daniel. It looks like Bunq is entirely separate from ING. Which app are you wanting to load, and what language would you like it to be in?
    Looks like ING Belgian ---see post #5 .
    06-12-19 11:01 PM
    Looks like ING Belgian ---see post #5 .
    True. However, if you refer to post #11 , which I quote in my response above, he references an entirely separate bank--Bunq.

https://www.bunq.com/

Since Bunq is different than ING I want to make sure we have the app he needs before testing.
    06-12-19 11:16 PM
    True. However, if you refer to post #11 , which I quote in my response above, he references an entirely separate bank--Bunq.

https://www.bunq.com/

Since Bunq is different than ING I want to make sure we have the app he needs before testing.
    See this is how dumb I am.......I thought bunq was Belgian for "bank"

French, German or Dutch is spoken there I guess.
    06-12-19 11:20 PM
    See this is how dumb I am.......I thought bunq was Belgian for "bank"

French, German or Dutch is spoken there I guess.
    Not dumb....just perhaps a little less attention to detail. Happens to all of us.

Right, since there are multiple languages (and some versions of the apps that are language-specific) spoken in Belgium I want to double-check on his preferred version.
    06-12-19 11:34 PM
    English
    06-13-19 01:40 AM
82 123 ...