I keep getting an authentication error on my AOL email. I deleted and re-downloaded the Hub app yet its still not letting me login. Is there a fix? If not are their any recommendations for an email client like BlackBerry Hub, where I can delete by holding down the date bar?
    01-21-19 11:34 AM
    What device are you using?
    01-21-19 12:21 PM
    I keep getting an authentication error on my AOL email. I deleted and re-downloaded the Hub app yet its still not letting me login. Is there a fix? If not are their any recommendations for an email client like BlackBerry Hub, where I can delete by holding down the date bar?
    Since Oath controls AOL, Yahoo! And some other brands, this is ongoing problem. There are several threads for AOL or Yahoo! that offer solutions that have some relative success..

Welcome to CB and good luck....
    01-21-19 01:36 PM
    What device are you using?
    I am using a Samsung S8
    01-21-19 01:41 PM
    Ok this is what you got to do. I get this error message all the time when changing handsets and adding AOL .

You need to look up the correct details for incoming servers and out going servers i dont know if it varies from country to country.

Im in the UK so Incoming server should be imap.aol.com Port 993 Security Type SSL/TLS
    outgoing server smpt.aol.com Security Type SSL/TLS

BUUUUUUUUUUT...........Before you do any of this you need to log into AOL with a PC using your login details. Once logged in somewhere near the top right hand corner should be your name or your email address. Click on it and it should take you to PERSONAL INFO SCREEN. Click On ACCOUNT SECURITY. Now look for a tab called.....Allow apps that use less secure sign-in.....You must turn this on......Refreah your screen give it a few minutes for the system to catch up with itself. Now you set up the correct incoming and outgoing servers..............Works every time
    Last edited by LondonCC; 09-20-19 at 07:32 AM.
    09-19-19 12:48 PM