How to upgrade my key 2 system to android 9
    07-01-20 12:09 PM
    There is no way to update your Key2. Android 9 has not (and probably never will) be available for any Key devices.
    07-01-20 12:19 PM
    Folks have been asking about PIE for the KEY2 for.... since Pie came out almost two years ago.

With TCL ending things next month, it's just not very likely. And with BlackBerry security, no opportunity for custom roms either.
    07-01-20 01:10 PM
    There's certainly no incentive, especially with Android 11 currently in beta. I own an 8.1 Samsung that won't get anything but an occasional security update, myself.
    07-02-20 11:58 AM
    Simple to do. Purchase new phone and sell your Key2 as part of the process or afterwards. Key2 is then upgraded. Good luck..
    07-02-20 01:15 PM
    Simple to do. Purchase new phone and sell your Key2 as part of the process or afterwards. Key2 is then upgraded. Good luck..
    And right now he could sell his KEY2, and be able to get a really upgraded phone. It's a sellers market.

(well other than the fact there are no better PKB phones out there... )
    07-02-20 01:28 PM
    [QUOTE

(well other than the fact there are no better PKB phones out there... )[/QUOTE]
    .....and there lies the problem.
    I need to borrow an iPhone from someone to see if I can possibly learn to be as productive on a slab as I am with a keyboard. Or else, maybe, I just need to become resigned to carrying around a laptop. Decisions.
    Chuck Finley69 and phuoc like this.
    07-03-20 03:26 PM
    I would suggest enjoying the experience of 8.1 on your Key 2 and PKB. Having gone from Oreo to Pie to 10 on my S9 your not missing anything UI related except maybe system wide dark mode. All your apps are updated and supposedly protected via GPS. I downloaded Blokada direct from their website and use it's elimination of app trackers prevalent on any mobile phone.

You can always try another launcher that usually incorporate newer OS version stuff. Nova and MS Launcher are good and updated frequently.
    ucghandyman and gouger05 like this.
    07-03-20 04:56 PM
    Since you can't unlocked the bootloader and flash other custom kernel, you can't install newest aosp android on it.
    07-04-20 04:25 AM
    [QUOTE

(well other than the fact there are no better PKB phones out there... )
    I need to borrow an iPhone from someone to see if I can possibly learn to be as productive on a slab as I am with a keyboard. Or else, maybe, I just need to become resigned to carrying around a laptop. Decisions.[/QUOTE]

Let me save you some time. My laptop remains in my truck 80-90% of time since Apple, Google and Microsoft pretty much support each other cross platform. Just get a larger VKB screen.
    07-04-20 02:58 PM
    I need to borrow an iPhone from someone to see if I can possibly learn to be as productive on a slab as I am with a keyboard. Or else, maybe, I just need to become resigned to carrying around a laptop. Decisions.
    Let me save you some time. My laptop remains in my truck 80-90% of time since Apple, Google and Microsoft pretty much support each other cross platform. Just get a larger VKB screen.[/QUOTE]

And accept it will take time to make the adjustment.... heck it's been almost a year, and I still find new ways to do things on my iPhone.

But iOS or Android.... it will take time.
    07-06-20 07:47 AM