I'd just like to start by saying that I have been a fan of Blackberry since the early days. I would explain to my friends why they were the best. I would be proud of the fact that they simply 'worked' and 'worked well..' - I've had every model going back to days of the 7290 way before they came 'trendy' and 'popular' to Chav's/Teenagers and the like...

Then along came my experience with 'The Bold 2' (Blackberry 9900),... Replaced 3 times for the same model (2 units which completely froze which then had to be sent back to the carrier) - Then (a few months ago) I placed the 9900 on charge as the battery light came on... So I plugged it into the charger... Then the damn thing wouldn't start up? (PERIOD) - I tried every single tip on the internet including leaving it plugged into the wall with the battery, without the battery, with and without the simcard yadda yadda and just about every other conceivable configuration.

Furthermore; this all happened just as I'd changed over contracts with my carrier so the insurance / replacement agreement I had expired.

Ironically, I'm running on an older blackberry Pearl again and that seems to be working fine. But Blackberry seem to have got so many things wrong these last few years... They used to 'just work' and when they started adding fancy b/s apps and pushing them into a market place they were never meant to be in (i.e. competing with the iPhone's etc) - They went downhill.

SO I'm a Blackberry (which I loved) down and no way of replacing the unit... Dead Blackberry's suck. - Bin Fodder now...
    01-18-15 07:36 AM
    Time to upgrade. Why even bother with legacy BlackBerry if you can get BlackBerry 10
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    01-18-15 08:04 AM
    I'd just like to start by saying that I have been a fan of Blackberry since the early days. I would explain to my friends why they were the best. I would be proud of the fact that they simply 'worked' and 'worked well..' - I've had every model going back to days of the 7290 way before they came 'trendy' and 'popular' to Chav's/Teenagers and the like...

Then along came my experience with 'The Bold 2' (Blackberry 9900),... Replaced 3 times for the same model (2 units which completely froze which then had to be sent back to the carrier) - Then (a few months ago) I placed the 9900 on charge as the battery light came on... So I plugged it into the charger... Then the damn thing wouldn't start up? (PERIOD) - I tried every single tip on the internet including leaving it plugged into the wall with the battery, without the battery, with and without the simcard yadda yadda and just about every other conceivable configuration.

Furthermore; this all happened just as I'd changed over contracts with my carrier so the insurance / replacement agreement I had expired.

Ironically, I'm running on an older blackberry Pearl again and that seems to be working fine. But Blackberry seem to have got so many things wrong these last few years... They used to 'just work' and when they started adding fancy b/s apps and pushing them into a market place they were never meant to be in (i.e. competing with the iPhone's etc) - They went downhill.

SO I'm a Blackberry (which I loved) down and no way of replacing the unit... Dead Blackberry's suck. - Bin Fodder now...
    Man we're in 2015 now! Why are you still using os 7.1? Upgrade to bb 10!
    Go get a z30 or Z10. So many others to choose from.
    01-18-15 08:14 AM
    Time to upgrade. Why even bother with legacy BlackBerry if you can get BlackBerry 10

If u don't care about or screen size, legacy bbos is far superior to bb10. Way more efficient and easier to use. Period. That's why sooooo many legacy people are sooooo skiddish to give up the bbos devices. Bb10 os is not better, just different and in terms of efficiency still lags behind bbos. Now if you wants apps, or a large screen... Definitely bb10! Is the only option.
    Gazza12 likes this.
    01-18-15 08:38 AM
    To be fair, BB did just re-release the 9900 last year. OP, the 9900 was not a good phone. It had tons of issues with it upon release from self-bricking to a horrible battery. I'd move on to a BB10 phone and see if you like it.
    01-18-15 08:49 AM
    If u don't care about or screen size, legacy bbos is far superior to bb10. Way more efficient and easier to use. Period. That's why sooooo many legacy people are sooooo skiddish to give up the bbos devices. Bb10 os is not better, just different and in terms of efficiency still lags behind bbos. Now if you wants apps, or a large screen... Definitely bb10! Is the only option.
    If the OP doesn't care about screen size, modern apps, storage space on the phone to actually install modern apps, a browser that loads pages before you fall asleep if it doesn't crash first due to incompatibilities with 2015, multiple Active Sync mailbox support, support for lots (tens/hundreds/thousands) of BBM Contacts without it overloading the phone making it unusable, battery life, HDMI output, WiFi Direct, Miracast, remote access to files on your computer at home through Link, access to your email/text/PIM/files on any computer or tablet through Blend, BBM Meetings and the lack of the spinning clock of "nope I'm not going to let you use me until you battery pull" just about every time you pick the phone up then yes, for the OP legacy BBOS will be far superior to BB10.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.1949 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    FrankIAm likes this.
    01-18-15 09:15 AM
    If the OP doesn't care about screen size, modern apps, storage space on the phone to actually install modern apps, a browser that loads pages before you fall asleep if it doesn't crash first due to incompatibilities with 2015, multiple Active Sync mailbox support, support for lots (tens/hundreds/thousands) of BBM Contacts without it overloading the phone making it unusable, battery life, HDMI output, WiFi Direct, Miracast, remote access to files on your computer at home through Link, access to your email/text/PIM/files on any computer or tablet through Blend, BBM Meetings and the lack of the spinning clock of "nope I'm not going to let you use me until you battery pull" just about every time you pick the phone up then yes, for the OP legacy BBOS will be far superior to BB10.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.1949 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4

Hmmm. I'm guessing you don't agree with the sentiment of the user you quoted.
    johnnyuk likes this.
    01-18-15 09:22 AM

Well said.
    People who still think bbos was better than BlackBerry 10 are really out of their minds, or just can't adapt to new tech. The kind of person who goes on Google to search for 'crackberry.com'
    johnnyuk likes this.
    01-18-15 09:53 AM
    SO I'm a Blackberry (which I loved) down and no way of replacing the unit...
    There are quite a few great BlackBerry 10 phones out there. You may try one of those.
    01-18-15 10:01 AM
    I'll sell my 9630 for $100

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 10:07 AM

SO I'm a Blackberry (which I loved) down and no way of replacing the unit... Dead Blackberry's suck.
    You can still buy new unlocked 9900s but just not from carriers. But there's no need to, the BlackBerry Classic is out running BB10 and with its touchpad, back, menu, call accept and call end buttons of old as well as a touch screen it is made for you!

http://us.blackberry.com/devices.html

01-18-15 02:03 PM
    Your name renders your comment invalid.
    01-18-15 02:05 PM
    I just love the way some of you guys come up with the title for your post. So dramatic!

Posted via CB10
    anon(9194980) likes this.
    01-18-15 02:06 PM
    I just love the way some of you guys come up with the title for your post. So dramatic!

Posted via CB10
    You're really surprised? Crackberry is full of mostly drama queens.
    01-18-15 04:05 PM
    The answer to your question is personal choice.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 04:18 PM
    L
    Well said.
    People who still think bbos was better than BlackBerry 10 are really out of their minds, or just can't adapt to new tech. The kind of person who goes on Google to search for 'crackberry.com'
    I use both, a q10 and bold and 9 of 10 times I prefer to the bold. Mine died and thought I'd go with the new bold variant and am I happy.. soso.. but I love bbos no nonsense business efficiency. Man reason for the q is browsing and apps.. of which I only have 10 android apps.. too bad even now at 10.2.whatever it still sucks compared to bbos. The bold is dying and where waiting for a white classic ... cause it doesn't make sense now to spend on a legacy device. We've accepted that the BlackBerry user experience is less
    01-18-15 06:57 PM
    Your name renders your comment invalid.
    Eye roll. For business emails and phone calls bold kills bb10 hands down. Not even in the same league.
    01-18-15 06:59 PM
    The bbos experience I miss ; regular battery pulls, constantly crashing, memory leaks, out of memory for my apps, and inferior password unlocking of phone. For calls try the newest phones with the high power antenna. I also miss the 5-10 minutes to reboot. My z10 with 10.3.1 takes about 1-2 minutes until the the hub is running after battery pull. My last bbos 9850 was great but it does not compare to my bb10. The only thing I really do miss is the compressed data. This phone is data hungry

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 09:13 PM
    Eye roll. For business emails and phone calls bold kills bb10 hands down. Not even in the same league.
    This x1000.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 09:30 PM
    Unfortunately for BlackBerry so few people in 2011 and 2012, in business or not, needed a phone that was only good at those two things and nothing else that legacy BBOS nearly made BlackBerry go bust. The drop in market share and brand image before BB10 was launched when BBOS phones were all you could buy was so destructive that they still aren't out of the woods yet 3 years later after the collapse.

Last edited by johnnyuk; 01-19-15 at 05:44 AM.
    01-19-15 03:46 AM