I do not get chosen SOUND alerts for either Textra or Chomp...only vibration. The built-in horrible BlackBerry texting DOES get sound but (unlike BlackBerry 9970 texting) it is so awful I will never use it again. I've gone to notification settings in my Key2 le & chomp & textra and all seems fine.
    But still no sound alerts. I saw one thread say pick "normal" profile but that doesn't seem to be a choice in Key2 settings. All I get for texts is the vibration. (Weird. Under "pick a category" Key2 or key2 lE aren't even choices on the full-blown)
    12-04-19 01:26 PM
    I do not get chosen SOUND alerts for either Textra or Chomp...only vibration. The built-in horrible BlackBerry texting DOES get sound but (unlike BlackBerry 9970 texting) it is so awful I will never use it again. I've gone to notification settings in my Key2 le & chomp & textra and all seems fine.
    But still no sound alerts. I saw one thread say pick "normal" profile but that doesn't seem to be a choice in Key2 settings. All I get for texts is the vibration. (Weird. Under "pick a category" Key2 or key2 lE aren't even choices on the full-blown)
    Make sure the notification importance for Textra and Chomp are set to "High - make sound" or "Urgent - make sound and pop on screen"

If they are set to "Medium - no sound" then you won't get sound.

And that "built-in horrible BlackBerry texting" app is actually Google's lol
    12-04-19 02:23 PM
    So new user...where is "notification importance for Textra and Chomp are set to "High - make sound" or "Urgent -". I had gone into settings for phone AND the individual apps so I must be missing something. And thankyou for stopping me from slandering wonderful blackberry for a crap Google app(smile)!
    12-04-19 03:32 PM
    Weird. I did see in one area all the apps where notification were turned OFF. Adjusted that. Felt hope! But texted myself and just vibration. When I remained IN textra settings and tested I DID hear the desired sound. But not when I received from myself. (Whaaaaah!!!! Sob!)
    12-04-19 03:38 PM
    Would deleting the Google messaging app make a difference! ?
    12-04-19 03:41 PM
    Would deleting the Google messaging app make a difference! ?
    Maybe, probably not.
    Send yourself a text, when notification comes in press on notification and slide to the left until a cog wheel is revealed. Tap on that and it will take you to the settings page for said app.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-19 09:28 PM
    This is so crazy. I just tried getting to notifications the way you suggested. Even chose a more aggressive sound. But still...only the vibrating. So discouraged. I had sound with messaging for the first couple of weeks. Don't know what changed.
    12-04-19 09:51 PM
    This is so crazy. I just tried getting to notifications the way you suggested. Even chose a more aggressive sound. But still...only the vibrating. So discouraged. I had sound with messaging for the first couple of weeks. Don't know what changed.
    In the settings screen, is importance set to high or urgent like boon said?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-19 10:06 PM
    Please forgive me but under what category would "high" or "urgent" be. I've been to "settings for key2 and for chomp. Even done a search IN settings to find under what choice those two words wld be because I don't see them as choices under notifications or sounds. Sorry and so grateful!
    12-04-19 11:43 PM
    So I've done everything(and believe) and in Chomp (or textra) in setting when I choose "test" I DO hear the chosen sound. But still I no longer hear anything in real life. And it merely stopped a week ago. Hmmmm
    12-05-19 05:22 PM
    So I've done everything(and believe) and in Chomp (or textra) in setting when I choose "test" I DO hear the chosen sound. But still I no longer hear anything in real life. And it merely stopped a week ago. Hmmmm
    Let's take a step back here, have you tried a 32 second reboot?
    Hold the power button for 32 seconds until the device restarts.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-19 05:58 PM
    Oooh I felt soooo hopeful abt that one. I sent several texts to self from my email but ...ARGhhhhh! I'm getting such wonderful help. And after everything working fine since last week! What do you think if I reinstalled Chomp and textra. Or UNinstalled the messaging from Google that came with my key2 ?
    12-05-19 06:22 PM
    IT'S BAAAACK! THE SOUND IS BACK! Because I tried everything everyone suggested I wish I could say WHAT FINALLY DID IT! (I did uninstall as well as I could the Google text app.) It's all a bad dream that became a fahbulous dream. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!
    12-05-19 09:42 PM
    IT'S BAAAACK! THE SOUND IS BACK! Because I tried everything everyone suggested I wish I could say WHAT FINALLY DID IT! (I did uninstall as well as I could the Google text app.) It's all a bad dream that became a fahbulous dream. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!
    Might have been the uninstall that did it... anyhoo, great to hear it's working again!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-19 10:30 PM