I had successfully installed WhatsApp on my BBQ5 (OS10) about 6 months ago, but needed to delete it and reinstall due to privacy issues. I tried to reinstall it the same way I installed it originally, as an Android download. I was able to download the .apk file but after running the .apk file the Install icon wasn't highlighted, so I couldn't click to Install. There was a disclaimer report: paraphrased, "app is being installed from a source that isn't BB World/Amazon appstore ... only install apps from trusted sources ... BB OS is capable of running apps for Android OS ..." I trust the source and want to install but can't because the Install icon isn't highlighted to click. Any answers/advice?
    03-01-19 11:16 PM
    What's your OS version?
    03-02-19 05:33 AM
    I had successfully installed WhatsApp on my BBQ5 (OS10) about 6 months ago, but needed to delete it and reinstall due to privacy issues. I tried to reinstall it the same way I installed it originally, as an Android download. I was able to download the .apk file but after running the .apk file the Install icon wasn't highlighted, so I couldn't click to Install. There was a disclaimer report: paraphrased, "app is being installed from a source that isn't BB World/Amazon appstore ... only install apps from trusted sources ... BB OS is capable of running apps for Android OS ..." I trust the source and want to install but can't because the Install icon isn't highlighted to click. Any answers/advice?
    Make sure that you have "Allow apps from other sources enabled". Settings/App Manager/Installing Apps/enable
    03-02-19 07:50 AM
    Make sure that you have "Allow apps from other sources enabled". Settings/App Manager/Installing Apps/enable
    Hi, thanks so much for your response. I did already look under the Installing Apps setting but the problem is that the "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" is disabled and not highlighted so that I can enable it. The message below says "Installing apps from other sources is turned off by your administrator." It's my personal phone though, so I should be the administrator. And that feature had been enabled before. I did have WhatsApp then. I did fidget with some other settings and it seemed the Installing Apps features disabled after that. So my problem is actually figuring out why I'm not considered the Administrator.
    03-23-19 07:02 PM
    Hi, thanks so much for your response. I did already look under the Installing Apps setting but the problem is that the "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" is disabled and not highlighted so that I can enable it. The message below says "Installing apps from other sources is turned off by your administrator." It's my personal phone though, so I should be the administrator. And that feature had been enabled before. I did have WhatsApp then. I did fidget with some other settings and it seemed the Installing Apps features disabled after that. So my problem is actually figuring out why I'm not considered the Administrator.
    If "allow apps from other sources ......" is greyed out it means someone else is the administrator and has set that so only "approved" apps can be installed. Either that or somehow your OS has become borked. What OS version are you running on your device? It may be that you will have to reinstall your OS and if so, you may as well update to the latest.

You could also try changing the device password then giving the device a hard reset, sign-in with the new password and check the app install setting.
    03-23-19 07:27 PM