I'm connecting my Blackberry Passport to Blackberry Link with a USB cable. I've tried replacing it but nothing works. Blackberry Link acknowledges my mobile is connected except for when trying to back up my mobile and then it says:
    'verify your device is turned on and connected to Blackberry Link, and try again'
    My device is turned on & is connected for everything except backing up my device. I keep getting notifications for a OS update but I don't want to do it without backing up my mobile but I can't turn off the annoying notifications either & it may be a security issue. I've got the latest version of Blackberry Link. I've got charge only mode turned off and mass storage mode turned off.
    06-12-18 02:15 PM
    You can try uninstalling LINK, use REGEDIT to remove all traces of BlackBerry and RIM (be careful in the registry editor). Reboot and then reinstall LINK.

Helps to use an Administrator account and to disable any malware utilities.

But there is no guarantee.
    06-12-18 03:09 PM
    Also, what OS is on your PC? Some people have had problems using Link after moving to Windows 10. I'm not sure Link is compatible with Mac iOS either. Let us know what you're working with - there are success stories getting Link to work with Windows 10 in the forums, so it can be done.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    06-12-18 03:25 PM