Hi,

Today I ran BB link and I couldn't connect my Z30. So I tried all sorts of solutions after googling for a long time and nothing seemed to work.
    So I decided to uninstall it. However, there was no entry for blackberry link under"programs and features" windows control panel.
    Finally I uninstalled it by hand using Revo Uninstaller which it does a great job scanning all related files and registry entries.
    However, now when I tried to install afresh copy of Blackberry desktop software I get a windows saying that "I have the latest version" and it won't let me install.
    So somewhere hidden in the registry or my HD there must be a setting or file that confuses the installation.
    Any idea how to get rid COMPLETELY of BB software ?
    01-19-17 05:40 PM
    Did you uninstall Blend as well, if it was installed in the first place?
    01-19-17 05:52 PM
    Hi,

Actually I had not. Good point ... I uninstalled it now, also with Revo (since blend wasn't listed either in the add-remove list).
    Now when I try to install the package (BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe) I get again the window but with the Blend install available but not the others (Link and drivers).
    Actually I don't care about Blend as I don't use it. I need Ling mostly for backups.
    Any ideas ?

I cannot install fresh BB Link. "You've got the latest version" message-bblink-2.jpg
    01-19-17 06:27 PM
    01-19-17 06:38 PM
    The only items related listed in the installer cleanup utility are 'Blackberry Comm. Drivers (8.0.0.143) and Blackberry device drivers (8.0.0.143).
    Should I remove them ? I'm hesitant to do it in case that I cannot access the device anymore from windows and then I'll be really stuck ?

EDIT: I ran again Revo uninstaller and it got rid of everything .... pretty cool piece of software actually. I'm able to install now (finally).
    Thanks for your help anyway
    Last edited by palosanto; 01-19-17 at 08:06 PM.
    01-19-17 06:50 PM