I have an old blackberry curve that I want to give to my foster child to use and it comes up as expired password and requires me to authenticate the old password. It has been years since I used this phone and I don't remember the former password. Please help with a way around this or perhaps a factory reset password
    01-26-17 10:40 AM
    I have an old blackberry curve that I want to give to my foster child to use and it comes up as expired password and requires me to authenticate the old password. It has been years since I used this phone and I don't remember the former password. Please help with a way around this or perhaps a factory reset password
    Enter a wrong password up to 10 times and follow the prompts when you use up your attempts, this will force a security wipe and the device will return to an "out of box" state.
    You can then setup the device for your child.

NOTE: It will delete all third party apps and wipe all contacts, messages, settings, etc... So if there is something on that device you want to save, try to remember the old password or it will be lost forever.
    01-26-17 11:53 AM