I've been using Blackberry Hub on my Android device for years to send and receive mail through my msn.com email account. But today, it stopped syncing and when I deleted the account, hoping to set it up again, it won't set up.

I get the following error message: "An error occurred during your account setup. You don't have permission to sync with this server. Contact your server's administrator for more information."

My msn account syncs with my Outlook app, online and on all of my other devices. It's important that I be able to use my email account with Blackberry Hub.

Any idea what the problem could be and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

Any suggestions?
    11-26-19 08:20 PM
    To bring Patrick Henry's quote up to date, "These are the technologies that try men's souls."

So much head banging w/o resolution in the Digital Life.

Sorry I can't help.
    11-26-19 09:09 PM
    Same problem I got...
    11-26-19 11:00 PM
    I've been using Blackberry Hub on my Android device for years to send and receive mail through my msn.com email account. But today, it stopped syncing and when I deleted the account, hoping to set it up again, it won't set up.

I get the following error message: "An error occurred during your account setup. You don't have permission to sync with this server. Contact your server's administrator for more information."

My msn account syncs with my Outlook app, online and on all of my other devices. It's important that I be able to use my email account with Blackberry Hub.

Any idea what the problem could be and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

Any suggestions?
    Use the outlook app
    11-26-19 11:51 PM
    Same problem here - just started last night and it's my main personal email account. I've also tried deleting the account and re-adding...same problem. I'm using BlackBerry Hub for all my email accounts and do not want to use the Outlook App. I guess I have no choice in the interim, but this is not a long-term solution. Weird thing is that the email account is still syncing with my old phone, also using BlackBerry Hub.
    11-29-19 09:49 AM
    I had the same issues. I tried deleting, and hard restart on the phone (turning the phone off for a few minutes before turning it back on) and it still wouldn't set back up. Then, last week sometime, I tried setting up my @hotmail.com address again and it worked. No idea what changed. Hope it changes for you too, soon.
    12-02-19 06:01 PM
    Try configuring the account manually using the advanced options to make sure the servers and ports are correct. Microsoft has made a number of changes to the back end as they bring all their legacy services onto their current cloud Exchange services, so the server might have changed.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-02-19 06:53 PM
    Try configuring the account manually using the advanced options to make sure the servers and ports are correct. Microsoft has made a number of changes to the back end as they bring all their legacy services onto their current cloud Exchange services, so the server might have changed.

If you log into your Outlook.com account, you can bring up the server settings for your account to verify them.

12-02-19 06:54 PM