Home CrackBerry Q&A > Ask a Question

I can no longer access the email address associated with my Blackberry ID

Asked: Apr 18 2019 | 4:19 am EDT 478 Views 5 Answers View Best Answer

I have this problem, my blackberry ID is associated with an email address that no-longer exists (an expired hushmail account), I thought I remember my password but for the life of me I could not remember how letters were capitalised. I had a few attempts and now I think I'm locked out.
I would just like to log-out and create a new ID, but it seems impossible, and I am afraid that if I hard-reset it Blackberry Protect will lock me out forever.
How can I get out of this predicament?

Is there a way to unlock my ID providing my password as I remember it and, the answer to my security question and the email address that no-longer works?

Or just to reset my device and start fresh with a new ID without being locked out?

Thank you

Best Answer

Apr 19 2019 | 4:12 am EDT anon(10599256)

no you can't, after 10 attempts you have to reset your password and that is sent to the email address I cannot access.
Anyways, I've solved it.
It sucks that you have to pay 35 buck for a wee bit of assistance even if you are covered by warranty. So, as soon as this phone dies, goodbye to Blackberry too, they main reason why I got a BB was because I want to stay away from anything google or apple and I like having physical keys. But their assistance is amongst the worst I have experienced and that's a deal breaker for me.

More Answers

Apr 18 2019 | 5:55 am EDT Ben xfg

If you've used up the ten tries, you will only be locked out for a few minutes before you can have another attempt. So you could just keep trying if you think you might be able to guess the password.

If the email address doesn't exist anymore... maybe you could just re-create it? If you can't get the password then that is probably the only other option.

Posted via CB10
Apr 18 2019 | 6:28 am EDT anon(10599256)

Does this mean if I reset my device I will be locked out forever?

Because I would very much like to reset it and start with a new account.

I've already backed up (by hand) all the things that I needed, namely a bunch of notes and important messages, so I don't care about keeping the account, I just want to be able to use my phone.
I've tried to contact support and they asked me for 35 dollars to talk to someone, AND I AM UNDER WARRANTY, but they say that according to my IMEI my phone was not purchased directly from Black Berry so I have to pay.

I'm pretty desperate and angry at this point.
Apr 18 2019 | 7:01 am EDT anon(10599256)

I've managed to remember my passphrase after almost throwing the effing phone out of the window.
It's all good now, except that, since I have exceeded the 10 attempts I can no longer use my ID if I do not reset my password from the email address that I cannot access, so my only option is to wipe it I guess (I've managed to turn off the protection thing by entering the right password, but that does not apply to my ID, so I cannot change the email address it is linked to having exceeded the 10 attempts).
I'm a moron for letting my email account expire and not remembering my pass correctly, and I'm happy with all the security layers implemented here, but I have to say that blackberry support sucks almost as much as apple's.
Apr 18 2019 | 9:35 pm EDT Ben xfg

I've managed to remember my passphrase after almost throwing the effing phone out of the window.
It's all good now, except that, since I have exceeded the 10 attempts I can no longer use my ID if I do not reset my password from the email address that I cannot access, so my only option is to wipe it I guess (I've managed to turn off the protection thing by entering the right password, but that does not apply to my ID, so I cannot change the email address it is linked to having exceeded the 10 attempts).
I'm a moron for letting my email account expire and not remembering my pass correctly, and I'm happy with all the security layers implemented here, but I have to say that blackberry support sucks almost as much as apple's.
Go to settings, BlackBerry ID, hit the Edit button at the bottom of the screen. You should be able to change the username there provided you still remember the password.

Posted via CB10