So they now can run duel OS on their phones? Is it basically an OS running on top of an OS? Is Harmony a type of version to Android like a slave OS and Android is still the Master? If not and it's a completely new OS I don't understand why BlackBerry QNX couldn't be a second OS on Android. How come a Chinese company can run a duel OS but a Canadian company can't? When I said months ago about thoughts about booting my KEY2 in BlackBerry 10 if I wanted to ? Essentially having a duel OS Blackberry. People said Never, Android won't allow it. Can anyone explain what's really going on with Harmony OS and Android OS?
    08-09-19 02:42 PM
    So they now can run duel OS on their phones? Is it basically an OS running on top of an OS? Is Harmony a type of version to Android like a slave OS and Android is still the Master? If not and it's a completely new OS I don't understand why BlackBerry QNX couldn't be a second OS on Android. How come a Chinese company can run a duel OS but a Canadian company can't. when I said months about booting my KEY2 in BlackBerry 10 ? People said Never, Android won't allow it. Can anyone explain what's really going on with Harmony OS and Android OS?
    What dual OS?

Harmony is like Samsung's TIZEN... they'll use it on devices that don't need a platfrom (wearables, tv, blueray, smart appliance....), and have it ready if Huawei can't get Android because of the trade war.

Haven't seen anything about Huawei running two Operating Systems on one device... It can be done, but you won't get Google Certification.

As for BlackBerry QNX... that's been shelved for too long and would cost too much to run on new hardware. You'd need a reason for it.
    08-09-19 02:49 PM
    So they now can run duel OS on their phones? Is it basically an OS running on top of an OS? Is Harmony a type of version to Android like a slave OS and Android is still the Master? If not and it's a completely new OS I don't understand why BlackBerry QNX couldn't be a second OS on Android. How come a Chinese company can run a duel OS but a Canadian company can't? When I said months ago about thoughts about booting my KEY2 in BlackBerry 10 if I wanted to ? Essentially having a duel OS Blackberry. People said Never, Android won't allow it. Can anyone explain what's really going on with Harmony OS and Android OS?
    Huawei hasn’t said anything about running both OSes on one device.

They also haven’t shipped any phones running Harmony to any customers.

Technically BB could probably ship out an android build for old BB10 phones as a replacement for BB10. They probably won’t
    08-09-19 06:52 PM