I have a Blackberry Passport running Android but I cannot find the Hushed Phone app on the google play store or download it directly from Hushed as it says "your device is not compatible with this version". Dont really want to still carry my iphone 7 just for this app which I use for business so hoping to get it working on the Passport.

Can anyone please asssit
    05-21-19 04:19 PM
    have a Blackberry Passport running Android but I cannot find the Hushed Phone app on the google play store or download it directly from Hushed as it says "your device is not compatible with this version".
    All recent versions of Hushed require Android 5.0+ and BB10 runtime stops at 4.3. In order to use Hushed, you would have to go all the way back to v4 - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/affini...4-0-0-release/. You'd be running an app that is effectively 10 or so versions old. Might run, might not. Def probably buggy.
    05-21-19 04:54 PM
    It seems the minimum required Android version for Hushed is Android 5.0 since at least August 2018 if not earlier. I wouldn't know if loading an antique version of the app would get it to work on BB10, but if you depend on the app for business I wouldn't trust loading some ancient APK just so you could use the museum piece.
    05-21-19 04:56 PM
    I tried that link however it will not open unfortunately. I am just trying to carry 1 phone and am moving away from an iphone 7.
    I managed to get a Samsung evo 512MB disk working on the Passport and just loaded on 250gig of work files so am really liking the passport as you can actually type and read documents on it properly.
    Any other ideas ?
    05-21-19 06:50 PM
    I tried that link however it will not open unfortunately.
    Try from ApkPure: https://apkpure.com/hushed-2nd-phone...lease/versions

I downloaded and installed V 4.0.14 successfully on my Passport just now but of course I don't have an account etc. so not sure it works.
    05-21-19 07:34 PM
    I tried that link however it will not open unfortunately. I am just trying to carry 1 phone and am moving away from an iphone 7.
    I managed to get a Samsung evo 512MB disk working on the Passport and just loaded on 250gig of work files so am really liking the passport as you can actually type and read documents on it properly.
    Any other ideas ?
    buy a keytwo and you have both supported apps and fewer headaches.
    05-21-19 07:42 PM
    Thanks the link works and I could sign in ok but it says
    "Hushed won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device"
    Sorry to ask but not sure if you have any ideas. I am new to the blackberry passport but love it because of the large screen and keys. I also managed to get a 512 gig memory card working in it so if I can get this app running I will not require my iphone
    05-22-19 09:22 AM
    "Hushed won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device"
    Try just tapping outside of that warning box to continue. If that doesn't work then you are stuck. As you no doubt are aware, the Passport has an ancient android runtime of 4.3 and many, many apps require 5.0 or above to install and function. This one appears to be one of those apps. I share your love for the screen and keyboard also (I use a Passport also) but I think you are out of luck with this particular app. You could try an even older version of that app (from the same site as above) but I doubt that will help.
    05-22-19 04:09 PM
    Hi I really appreciate your help on the Hushed App for the Blackberry Passport. I have played around with it a bit and it can make calls but when I try to call the Hushed number from another phone, it goes to voicemail on the blackberry. This is when I am logged out of the application on the iphone. It works on the iphone fine so not sure if that is a setting thing on the blackberry passport. If you have any ideas I would really appreciate it. It seems to size up correctly and everything like messages are there so it is logging into the Hushed server but just when I call it, it immediately goes to voicemail. It is not set to reject calls.
    I feel I have almost got this working and that is the app I really need to work to move from iphone.
    Anyway thanks for your help.
    05-24-19 06:39 AM
    Hi I really appreciate your help on the Hushed App for the Blackberry Passport. I have played around with it a bit and it can make calls but when I try to call the Hushed number from another phone, it goes to voicemail on the blackberry. This is when I am logged out of the application on the iphone. It works on the iphone fine so not sure if that is a setting thing on the blackberry passport. If you have any ideas I would really appreciate it. It seems to size up correctly and everything like messages are there so it is logging into the Hushed server but just when I call it, it immediately goes to voicemail. It is not set to reject calls.
    I feel I have almost got this working and that is the app I really need to work to move from iphone.
    It’s most likely, not a setting thing. I used to use texting and calling apps on my BB10 phones like TextNow, FreeTone and TextFree but eventually incoming phone calls wouldn’t ring through. I could still text but calling was practically nonexistent.

You don’t move on from an iPhone to a four year old crippled BB10 device. That’s problem with older Android version of apps. There’s a reason the apps get upgraded.
    05-24-19 08:49 AM
    Since I have no need (or account) for the app, I cannot really help you much, sad to say. I presume you have played around with the settings within the app itself. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do under the Phone Settings in BB10. From the Phone app check : Settings/Voicemail/Access Number. I don't know if you can do anything there, or not. What version of the app did you finally get to connect to the server? Maybe try to get to the last version that connects properly (if you have not done that yet) as it will probably be least likely to have any bugs that may hamper operation. You are finding out why the old android runtime is running out of usefulness.
    05-24-19 08:53 AM
    Well thanks for all your help. When I purchased the passport a week ago I did not expect it to be able to even load this app. Anyway what a great phone. I have a Priv but its keys are way too small to use easily. So guess I will just stick with the passport and iphone for now. The Key 2 is probably ok but the screen is smaller than the passport along with the keyboard.
    It is a great phone, what a shame Blackberry did not sell it better. I don't think 1% of people know what great things a Blackberry can do like transfer of files through wifi from computer to phone etc.
    Anyway with a 512 gig memory card like I have in it, it holds all my work computer files, is so great for email, and allows the writing and editing of reports on the go.
    Anyway I really appreciate all your help
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-24-19 09:04 AM
    Well thanks for all your help. When I purchased the passport a week ago I did not expect it to be able to even load this app. Anyway what a great phone. I have a Priv but its keys are way too small to use easily. So guess I will just stick with the passport and iphone for now. The Key 2 is probably ok but the screen is smaller than the passport along with the keyboard.
    It is a great phone, what a shame Blackberry did not sell it better. I don't think 1% of people know what great things a Blackberry can do like transfer of files through wifi from computer to phone etc.
    Anyway with a 512 gig memory card like I have in it, it holds all my work computer files, is so great for email, and allows the writing and editing of reports on the go.
    Anyway I really appreciate all your help
    People rejected BB10 for lack of comparable ecosystem to Android /IOS so not that much could be done about it. The winds of change were just that. Wasn't anything BlackBerry ever had the resources to fund even if they had the solution at same time Android purchased by Google in 2005 or so. David surrounded by Goliaths and no slingshot.
    05-24-19 11:45 AM
    Sorry just one more quick question. As I cannot get that Hushed app to work and need 2 phones anyway with all my work files on the Passport I just started thinking security.
    Since I have installed Google Play etc I guess that pretty much ruins the security the passport has?
    Also the Amazon Apps through BB which come with the phone are they safe ? or should I use only BB store apps if I want the highest security ? I notice some require access to your location, microphone, camera, photos etc etc to run

If I uninstall all these apps am I then back to the Legendary Blackberry security ?

Just wanting to get it back to what it does best - a secure business phone

Thanks again
    05-25-19 04:53 PM
    Sorry just one more quick question. As I cannot get that Hushed app to work and need 2 phones anyway with all my work files on the Passport I just started thinking security.
    Since I have installed Google Play etc I guess that pretty much ruins the security the passport has?
    Also the Amazon Apps through BB which come with the phone are they safe ? or should I use only BB store apps if I want the highest security ? I notice some require access to your location, microphone, camera, photos etc etc to run

If I uninstall all these apps am I then back to the Legendary Blackberry security ?

Just wanting to get it back to what it does best - a secure business phone

Thanks again
    If I were you, I would uninstall all Cobalt stack apps and just go with Yalp Store using the "pretend to be a different device " setting within the app. Choose Nexus 5 (api26) for best results. That is if you want any android apps at all. The fewer the better if possible. As far a security goes, nowadays I don't think anyone really even knows for sure how secure BB10 really is. Maybe security through obscurity is the only thing going for it. The Amazon apps should be ok.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-19 03:50 PM