Home CrackBerry Q&A > Ask a Question

Hub update (Mar 9,2019) text messages broken in hub?

Asked: Mar 11 2019 | 10:59 am EDT 743 Views 1 Answers View Best Answer

I use the blackberry hub services on my Google pixel 2 xl updated to android 9 (security patch: Mar 5, 2019). I love the convenience and efficiency of the hub (i have since BB10 days).

However, over the weekend, there was an update of the BB hub+ services and inbox to versions:

Inbox 2.1902.0.16855

BlackBerry Hub+ Services 2.1902.0.54792

When my phone rebooted, everything was where it should have been, except for the text messages in the hub.

The hub showed zero text messages. I had to use my default messages application to find my text messages . I then had to send a text message to each conversation and hope that the recipients would reply back.

Some did, and those that did, populated the text messages list within the hub, however, when i click on a conversation from within the hub, it just opens the default messages application to the main window/screen that shows all the different conversations/threads in the default messages application. It doesn't take me to that specific conversation/thread.

WTH did they break? This is silly, not efficient, nor professional.

I sent an email to blackberry for support on Saturday... No response yet... Tried sending a DM tweet... No reply... I am just frustrated that they broke the app somehow.

I have tried restarting the phone, and checked to ensure no other settings have changed. It appears that however they have linked the messages application to the hub is broken.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Best Answer