I know a lot of people love this phone but I have been working on it all day and I just HATE it. I must be a moron b/c I just cannot figure some stuff out and I have had it. There's more going on in this device than I need and for a better web browsing experience, it has not been worth it. I am not even all that impressed with the way the phone sounds. I hate that my non-gmail email won't work on it and that despite transferring everything btw it and my Classic, that I cannot figure out how to get the ringtones in to go somewhere that adds them to the existing preprogrammed list so I can customize to different caller contacts. I don't have an IT degree and I do not want one. These are just a few pf the many things I hate about this phone and Android. How do I wipe it clean?! Or, am I now stuck putting about $600.00 in a drawer forever b/c I can't wipe it clean? ? What a waste of a day and this old geezer's hard earned money. Thanks for any help!
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    09-27-17 04:56 PM
    09-27-17 05:25 PM
    I know a lot of people love this phone but I have been working on it all day and I just HATE it. I must be a moron b/c I just cannot figure some stuff out and I have had it. There's more going on in this device than I need and for a better web browsing experience, it has not been worth it. I am not even all that impressed with the way the phone sounds. I hate that my non-gmail email won't work on it and that despite transferring everything btw it and my Classic, that I cannot figure out how to get the ringtones in to go somewhere that adds them to the existing preprogrammed list so I can customize to different caller contacts. I don't have an IT degree and I do not want one. These are just a few pf the many things I hate about this phone and Android. How do I wipe it clean?! Or, am I now stuck putting about $600.00 in a drawer forever b/c I can't wipe it clean? ? What a waste of a day and this old geezer's hard earned money. Thanks for any help!
    Hi - I can feel your frustration! Rest assured the KeyONE can handle non-gmail accounts. Also, all the sounds are changeable. My suggestion is that you ask a colleague or friend who has an android phone to walk you through the setup process. Or, go to your carrier store off hours and see if they will help you. If you have specific questions we're all happy to help.
    09-27-17 05:29 PM
    That's a shame...sounds like you didn't even finish setting it up yet. If you must, go to Settings / Backup and Reset and select Factory Reset.

I don't suggest you give up so fast. Give it a few days at least! Lol.
    09-27-17 05:30 PM
    Thanks to all of you, I am giving it a shot. Wish I could find a way to back it up without a cloud though. THANKS!!
    09-27-17 09:09 PM
    Thanks to all of you, I am giving it a shot. Wish I could find a way to back it up without a cloud though. THANKS!!
    You can back everything up without the cloud (well except apps that are tied to your google account). For photos, videos and files just plug into your PC, swipe down from the top on your phone and change it from charge only to USB file transfer. Then you can drag and drop files from phone or SD card to your PC just as you would off a USB stick.

Also, download a file manager on your phone to better help you move files around on device or SD card if you need. I use Asus file manager and it's fairly simple to use and isn't too cluttered.
    BbClassic likes this.
    09-27-17 09:34 PM
    I'll do a search for Asus and see if I can download it. Do I do this on my Mac or my Keyone though? Will keep at it all though. Thanks again!
    09-27-17 09:56 PM
    I'll do a search for Asus and see if I can download it. Do I do this on my Mac or my Keyone though? Will keep at it all though. Thanks again!
    Asus file manager is file manager App on your device. Everything else I mentioned it basically like using your phone as a USB stick essentially.
    BbClassic likes this.
    09-27-17 10:19 PM
    Any update on your progress? It will take some time to get used to and learn everything but once you do, you won't regret it.
    09-28-17 01:28 PM
    Thanks for asking. Still not loving it, but have been trying really hard to.
    09-28-17 06:21 PM
    To set a custom notification for a contact, you open the HUB. Then scroll down to Settings. open it, and click on Custom Alerts. You will set up a rule.. so I made a rule named Anna for my friend. Then use your file manager to open your music folder, and find a ringtone. I gave Anna the song called Kokomo. Then you save your rule.
    09-28-17 07:17 PM
    To set a custom notification for a contact, you open the HUB. Then scroll down to Settings. open it, and click on Custom Alerts. You will set up a rule.. so I made a rule named Anna for my friend. Then use your file manager to open your music folder, and find a ringtone. I gave Anna the song called Kokomo. Then you save your rule.
    Does that then work for any notification coming in from that contact? Like text, calls and email?
    09-28-17 08:48 PM