I recently used an autoloader with the latest OS version 10.3.3 on my PP.

It was working great until about a week ago when APK installs began getting stuck in “processing”. I tried several soft and hard reboots to no avail. Finally, I decided to downgrade the android runtime player to 10.2 and upon the first reboot, the device no longer gets past “finalising device setup”. I’ve tried using Sachesi, DBB, and BB Link to try and connect and rectify the situation through reflashing the Android runtime. But because the device won’t boot up entirely, this is not a solution.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, I’ve also got media card and device encryption set up on the PP. If I can’t solve this, well.. the obvious occurs.
    10-20-20 02:34 PM
    I recently used an autoloader with the latest OS version 10.3.3 on my PP.

It was working great until about a week ago when APK installs began getting stuck in “processing”. I tried several soft and hard reboots to no avail. Finally, I decided to downgrade the android runtime player to 10.2 and upon the first reboot, the device no longer gets past “finalising device setup”. I’ve tried using Sachesi, DBB, and BB Link to try and connect and rectify the situation through reflashing the Android runtime. But because the device won’t boot up entirely, this is not a solution.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, I’ve also got media card and device encryption set up on the PP. If I can’t solve this, well.. the obvious occurs.
    What exactly did you do in attempting to "downgrade the android runtime" ?

Sideloading a runtime would never affect BB10 or the boot process.
    10-20-20 03:37 PM
    I went into App World and downloaded an update that was supposed to “fix” a misbehaving Android runtime and/or upgrade the runtime player. Can’t rightly recall the exact title of the app, but those are the keywords.
    10-20-20 05:34 PM
    I went into App World and downloaded an update that was supposed to “fix” a misbehaving Android runtime and/or upgrade the runtime player. Can’t rightly recall the exact title of the app, but those are the keywords.
    That was specifically for OS 10.3.2.2876 and none other.

In any event, that wouldn't have caused your phone not to boot.

Incidentally, these are the correct two files to sideload:

https://mega.nz/file/xU5FTZCB#FlzHDl...Lu-QnxTr_psVn4

You can try to load these again and/or hold the power button down to force it to reboot and try again. But ultimately, as you surmised, if it won't boot you'll have to use an autoloader which will wipe your device and render you SD card unreadable.
    Last edited by conite; 10-21-20 at 08:53 AM.
    10-20-20 08:34 PM
    I chose to follow the advice of this and specifically AOA’s post. It appeared to be working around 90% so i connected to Link and it saw the device! Unfortunately, it also found a device update which i naively figured “why not” and continued forward to update. As any seasoned BB User knows, this wipes the device. So problem solved, but i’ve got an SD card that’s got a tonne of backup material on it and which is now unusable.

I’ve saved the ART in the cloud, for future oh noes. thank you!
    10-20-20 11:10 PM
    Yeah have to be careful if you encrypted the SD Card.... lesson learned.

Really nice to not need to use SD Cards....
    10-21-20 08:07 AM
    Yeah have to be careful if you encrypted the SD Card.... lesson learned.

Really nice to not need to use SD Cards....
    Or, just don't encrypt them to begin with.
    10-21-20 02:19 PM
    Or, just don't encrypt them to begin with.
    With all due respect, many BB devices are known and purchased for their high end security.

Encryption for enterprise clients is a must, as many trade secrets and other inside info is stored on that device. Should it be stolen, lost, or otherwise out of reach, the only method of data containment is encryption. The only other, and obviously last, choice is erasing the device through BB Protect.
    10-21-20 02:47 PM
    With all due respect, many BB devices are known and purchased for their high end security.

Encryption for enterprise clients is a must, as many trade secrets and other inside info is stored on that device. Should it be stolen, lost, or otherwise out of reach, the only method of data containment is encryption. The only other, and obviously last, choice is erasing the device through BB Protect.
    But the danger of losing that information is of great concern. It's best to use the SD storage for routine data, and keep restricted data on the device.

I can't even tell you how many times this has happened.
    10-21-20 07:36 PM

If use case is for enterprise, then sure, secure as needed. But for personal use, it's a bit overkill, and more people have lost their personal family pictures and stuff not knowing how to work with an encrypted SD card.
    10-21-20 08:20 PM
    Yes, but enterprises also adopt a data backup strategy, because they're fully aware that encrypted data on a mobile device is considered "disposable" and that the "home" for that data should be on a network server that is regularly backed up. And they typically put into place policies that force this, with many enterprises not even allowing local storage of corporate data.

When you translate these practices to individual consumer use, it's up to the consumer to back up all of that data themselves - but it certainly doesn't change the fact that the copy of that data on the encrypted device is considered to be "disposable." Encrypted data is easily lost forever - BY DESIGN. It is intended that any important change to the device will "break" the encryption key making the data impossible to retrieve. That's exactly what you want when you are carrying sensitive data that you can't allow to fall in the hands of the wrong person, but that's also exactly why you MUST make unencrypted backups of that data on a regular basis, and know going in that any data saved there will be lost if there is an encryption problem - an issue that is TO BE EXPECTED.

I've posted words to that affect at least 50 times over my years here at CB, and it's not specific to any device or OS - that's how all encrypted device work - BY DESIGN.

If you encrypt the ONLY copy of your data, you might as well be using an angle grinder creating a shower of sparks in a room full of gunpowder - it's only a matter of time before it blows up.
    10-21-20 10:03 PM