Hello I bought an unlocked BlackBerry priv last week online and it has not worked not finding my sim, so I read up and saw I need an unlock code so I requested one still haven't got it but my thing is even if I get it I don't know how to get to the message to type in my code because on videos I see people put SIM cards in and it automatically pops up and says enter unlock code mine does not I hope someone can help me thank you
    04-08-17 03:59 PM
    As soon as you put in a sim from another provider and turn the device on that message should pop up. Did you turn the device off first?
    04-08-17 05:06 PM
    Got your PM , what network carrier so you use? To respond to me here just click on the " button on my post
    04-08-17 05:19 PM
    Btw...you don't need an unlocked code if the device is already unlocked
    04-08-17 05:23 PM
    Just to add here via PM's the OP is using Family Mobile which he says is t-mobile

AT&T to t-mobile should not be no issue.

I know that sim tray on the Priv is a little tricky make sure you have it properly inserted .

Was the device sold "New" ?
    04-08-17 06:00 PM
    Hello I bought an unlocked BlackBerry priv last week online and it has not worked not finding my sim, so I read up and saw I need an unlock code so I requested one still haven't got it but my thing is even if I get it I don't know how to get to the message to type in my code because on videos I see people put SIM cards in and it automatically pops up and says enter unlock code mine does not I hope someone can help me thank you
    Sounds to me like it's not actually unlocked. Otherwise it should work if it is.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my PRIV.
    04-08-17 06:35 PM
    If it's not unlocked the prompt should come up to enter the unlock code. I'm actually leaning now toward a software update that it may be lacking due to it being an AT&T unit or a bad ESN

I've directed the OP to:

two things if the ESN is ok through your carrier it could be related to the software update. I know blackberry was basically taking over the software updates for AT&T as some devices ended up being sold by third parties after AT&T unloaded them. Nevertheless , start with your carrier to make sure the device can activate and then you have 12 month support through BlackBerry. It on the card inside the box. Try there next. But if the device is a bad ESN hopefully the transaction was done through PayPal so you an ensure a refund.
    04-08-17 07:48 PM