I accidentally hid my own contact on my Motion. I did a search but can't find out how to unhide it.
    Thanks in advance.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion
    02-12-19 10:55 AM
    Are you on the new beta version of Contacts or the old standard version? I don't even see how to hide contacts on the new version.
    02-12-19 03:30 PM
    Are you on the new beta version of Contacts or the old standard version? I don't even see how to hide contacts on the new version.
    Standard version.
    What happened was, my contact had some out of date info, so I updated it. When I hit save, a popup said some items are shared with another contact, so they might be hidden. So, like a jerk, I said OK. So the entire contact disappeared! There was a lot of information there, so it's not so easy to recreate.
    If you can help, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks
    02-12-19 06:12 PM
    Is there a contact to your knowledge that might share some information with the contact you just updated? If so, open the contact, tap 'edit', then tap the menu and check if 'separate' is displayed there.
    02-12-19 06:25 PM
    Standard version.
    What happened was, my contact had some out of date info, so I updated it. When I hit save, a popup said some items are shared with another contact, so they might be hidden. So, like a jerk, I said OK. So the entire contact disappeared! There was a lot of information there, so it's not so easy to recreate.
    If you can help, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks
    It might have shared a lot of information with ANOTHER contact - like a wife.
    02-12-19 06:47 PM
    Thanks. I will check that. BTW, I am the wife! 😁
    conite likes this.
    02-12-19 07:23 PM
    Nope. Can't find it 😔
    02-12-19 11:26 PM
    So here is what I have done so far:
    I found an OLD contacts backup on my SD card, Downloaded it to my local contacts, ( about1000), found the missing contact, edited and updated it there, then copied it to my Google account.
    Now I have to delete ALL my contacts and let Google re-populate the list. Hope it works!
    02-13-19 04:07 AM
    that worked!!
    conite likes this.
    02-14-19 06:12 PM
    Hooray! :-D. Long way around but glad you're back in business again!

that worked!!

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    02-14-19 06:35 PM
    Before going the wrong way around everything make sure that you have searched on company name and/or searched on town/city name.
    You can find a lot of hidden information turning up in the generic information
    02-16-19 09:50 AM