Now that facebook bought Whatsapp, business emails are being sent how to secure personal information (Whatsapp contacts, chats, pictures) on an apple devices.
    For those who don't use facebook and are not willing to share personal information, how can I turn the sharing from Whatsapp to facebook (including the potential incoming advertising) off?
    09-12-16 05:50 AM
    Now that facebook bought Whatsapp, business emails are being sent how to secure personal information (Whatsapp contacts, chats, pictures) on an apple devices.
    For those who don't use facebook and are not willing to share personal information, how can I turn the sharing from Whatsapp to facebook (including the potential incoming advertising) off?
    Snipped from goo.gl/hCrdmv

"There are two main ways of opting out of the new terms, one of them fairly simply and the other ever so slightly more complicated.

The first way can only be done if you haven’t accepted the new terms, using the pop-up that will emerge when you open up WhatsApp. If you haven’t, wait until that happens but don’t click “agree” – instead navigate to the smaller “read more” option, and untick the box that says “Share my WhatsApp account information with Facebook”.

If you’ve already accepted those new terms, you can still opt out – as long as it’s within 30 days. You can do that by heading to the settings menu in the app, and pressing on the account tab – there you’ll find a “share my account info” button that you can undress and revoke your permission."
    09-12-16 07:36 AM