Hello everyone

I am currently using a BlackBerry Classic (OS 10.3.3.1463) and would like to downgrade to a BlackBerry Bold 9780 (OS 6.0.0.723). I have both BlackBerry Link and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

I would like to transfer as much data as possible off the Classic onto the Bold, including contacts, SMS history, media files and maybe WhatsApp history. Although I would also like to transfer BBM history, I assume this is not possible as it is BlackBerry PIN-dependent? Is there any way to back up the Classic's BBM history on a PC for later viewing?

I have a 16GB microSD card in the Classic and a 32GB blank microSD card in the Bold. I do not want to use the 16GB card in the Bold as it is smaller. Although it has a lot of information on it, I would prefer being able to back up data from the Classic on the PC and then transfer it to the the Bold on the bigger 32GB card.

I would be extremely grateful for any help and tips you may be able to offer. Thank you so very much!!
    05-15-17 12:27 PM
    I doubt there's any way to go backwards, all of the transition tools developed by BlackBerry are intended to go the other way (i.e. BBOS to BB10). If BBOS has the ability to import stuff like contacts, SMS, etc from files, you could get a BB10 app on your Classic that dumps those stuff to an open format like .csv (I've heard good things about this one), move that over to your Bold, and import, if there is the ability. If not, you have a plaintext backup that can be read on a PC anyway.
    05-15-17 12:41 PM