I had a Blackberry Priv which is broken (screen is dead, even though it's still can be charged) I bought a new Keyone which is made for Verizon, had it set up and running but I can't transfer contact over to Keyone. The store employee told me both devices must be working to do the physical transfer. I tried the Backup Assistant cloud app (My Keyone Play Store does not show Backup Assistant/Plus, only Cloud) The app asked for User ID and password which I tried to enter my emails w/o success. The line I am using is one of lines in my brother's account. (I am authorized user). Please help, any input would be greatly appreciated.
    01-05-19 04:59 PM
    There is no way to get it from a broken device unless a backup of said device was made. If you backed up using Google methods on your Priv, the KEYone should ask if you wish to restore or start new. If you restore, your contacts should come back if they were backed up.
    01-05-19 05:52 PM
    If your Contacts are sync to your Google account on the old phone, when you make a Google account on the new phone, the Contacts should sync on the new phone
    01-05-19 06:50 PM
    I had a Blackberry Priv which is broken (screen is dead, even though it's still can be charged) I bought a new Keyone which is made for Verizon, had it set up and running but I can't transfer contact over to Keyone. The store employee told me both devices must be working to do the physical transfer. I tried the Backup Assistant cloud app (My Keyone Play Store does not show Backup Assistant/Plus, only Cloud) The app asked for User ID and password which I tried to enter my emails w/o success. The line I am using is one of lines in my brother's account. (I am authorized user). Please help, any input would be greatly appreciated.
    When you start up your new device it will ask if you want to restore by entering your google account. Once you do that all your apps, contacts, calendars etc will appear. However it may take a while for evrything to come through so make sure your on wifi. If you set up your priv to not backup information in the google cloud then your screwed. Typically it should just restore the minute the google account is established on your new device. Getting them to cross over contacts by device connection will just duplicate all your contacts as i dot rwecommend that as that can mess things up. Its always better to let google cloud via the google account to set and transfer the information. It doesnt matter whether you are the account holder of your service or not. Its all about google account access.
    01-06-19 07:14 PM