Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Dear members,

I finally got my hands on my used Key2 which I have bought in Germany a couple of months ago.

So I tried setting it up and quickly found out that the guy I bought it from was genius enough to not erase his account properly.

Of course I tried contacting the guy I bought it from - email is gone and he lives a couple of hundred kilometers away. Awesome.

So now I can't setup the phone - anything I can do about this other than banging my head against the wall?

Best Regards from Germany
    12-26-18 04:27 AM
    Can you get to the phone?? Screenlock?? Factory reset??
    12-26-18 05:36 AM
    Can you get to the phone?? Screenlock?? Factory reset??
    I can't get past the setup of the phone when it asks me for an old PIN respectively a gmail account that was originally setup on this phone.

Best Regards
    12-26-18 06:18 AM
    In that case you may be out of luck. Contacting previous owner is the right solution...
    12-26-18 08:09 AM
    Look for workarounds on Youtube. There may be a way.
    @conite @Bla1ze

Any other ideas ? Autoloader ?
    12-30-18 07:08 AM
    because the bootloader is locked on bb android devices you are stuck . on devices where the bootloader is unlockable you can strip the current is and reinstall another compatible os image. then you can bypass the security lockdown from last owner. .but in your case you will definitely need the help of the previous owner. otherwise it will remain a very attractive paper weight .. good luck
    12-30-18 11:30 AM
    Nothing you can do without help from the original owner. Bad luck that he deleted his email account a couple month after you bought this phone. What are the chances of that. And I know I wouldn't be able to wait 2 month to set up the phone myself after I bought it. But anyway, if you do know where they live (200 KM a way), you may have to just go for a drive or else whatever money you paid for it is down the drain.
    12-30-18 12:19 PM
    You may be able to send it in for a motherboard replacement.
    12-30-18 12:30 PM
    You may be able to send it in for a motherboard replacement.
    Please. This person needs help. He can't fix that phone with a motherboard. He needs the previous owner to give him the password.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    12-30-18 01:32 PM
    How did you pay the guy? Please say PayPal and not cash. Even if you used PayPal, waiting two months to try used equipment is asking for trouble. It may be too late to file a complaint with them or with your credit card.
    12-30-18 02:33 PM
    Please. This person needs help. He can't fix that phone with a motherboard. He needs the previous owner to give him the password.
    Are you serious??? Do you know anything about Blackberry phones?? I've taken many apart myself and swapped out the main board to get a dead unit up and running. His phone is as good as dead without the previous owner's help, so the only other solution is to send it in for service and have TCL replace the main board. Thanks for playing, though.
    12-31-18 08:34 AM
    Are you serious??? Do you know anything about Blackberry phones?? I've taken many apart myself and swapped out the main board to get a dead unit up and running. His phone is as good as dead without the previous owner's help, so the only other solution is to send it in for service and have TCL replace the main board. Thanks for playing, though.
    Please. Go read the OP again. It is clear that the OP does not have the expertise that you might have, so how exactly do you seriously expect him to replace a motherboard??? You be serious.
    01-01-19 01:35 AM
    Please. Go read the OP again. It is clear that the OP does not have the expertise that you might have, so how exactly do you seriously expect him to replace a motherboard??? You be serious.
    OMG......really???????? Did you even read my original suggestion? I said......"send it in". I didn't suggest he do it himself, so again...thanks for coming out, but learn to read what people post before you reply with sarcasm. He will have to pay more for the repair, but he'll have a functional phone at the end...unless he finds the previous owner. Those are the only 2 choices.
    01-02-19 10:40 AM
    OMG......really???????? Did you even read my original suggestion? I said......"send it in". I didn't suggest he do it himself, so again...thanks for coming out, but learn to read what people post before you reply with sarcasm. He will have to pay more for the repair, but he'll have a functional phone at the end...unless he finds the previous owner. Those are the only 2 choices.
    Send it in where? BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile will not replace a mother board for you just because you ask them to or else people would be stealing phones and sending them in for mother board replacements.
    01-02-19 10:47 AM
    Since you are so smart, please explain how a person who bought a used phone without a receipt can "send it in."

Who is he supposed to send it to, and why would they assist him to defeat a password? Do the repair shops replace good motherboards to defeat someone's password?
    Last edited by Denise in Los Angeles; 01-02-19 at 01:06 PM.
    01-02-19 12:52 PM
    Since you are so smart, please explain how a person who bought a used phone without a receipt can "send it in."

Who is he supposed to send it to, and why would they assist him to defeat a password? Do the repair shops replace good motherboards to defeat someone's password?
    I'm sorry, I'm not wasting any more time on you. Someone else can step in.
    01-02-19 01:45 PM